Samhain2000

Started by Samhain2000, 03/29/2009 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samhain2000

Hello all,

Greetings from Melissa Texas, 45 min. North of Dallas. I have been a member since November 2008 but have not done a lot of posting. I just started getting into cigars back in October 2008. Prior to that, I smoked a pretty strong cigar back in late 1995 when I was discharged from the Navy and became sick as a dog.

My cigar experiences have been much better since then. My first cigar I tried back in October 08 was the Macanudo Robust Portofino. I had bought two sampler packs from Thompson Cigars in September to give to clients, I am a Directional Driller in the Oil industry. I thought it would be a nice gift to give to these guys except almost no one seems to smoke and the few who did take a cigar, took them as a curiosity. So, Hell, I'm not giving away keepsakes that will dry up like firewood in some ones nightstand. So after having these sampler packs sitting around, I wanted to see what the big deal was, I fixed my self a Johnny Walker Black, climbed in the hot tub an lit up the Portofino. It was good, I didn't get sick, and it went well with my Scotch.

Since then I have found other brands which I enjoy more than the Macanudo Robust Portofino but that one incident opened up a can of worms. Six months later I own 2 humidors, a 100 count down stairs in our office/library and a 400 count humidor that sits upstairs to store my surplus, check out my virtual humidor.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Samhain2000

Some of you may cringe at this but I have found on the days where I do not feel like drinking alcohol with a cigar, Cherry Coke Zero works very well, go figure?

Other than cigars, I like computers, reading, archery and target shooting. I am currently between employers so I am enjoying my time off, spending it with my family, tweaking the humidors and of course smoking.

Oh I forgot to mention, I have seasonal asthma and since I started smoking cigars back in Oct. 2008, I have not had any occurrences. Weird huh?
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

SenorPablo

Welcome to Cigar Geeks Chris!  Glad you came out of the shadows.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

Welcome back Chris...your input will be valued and appreciated. See you around the site.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Hot Stuff x

Welcome to the forum!  I see that you have been browsing some of the older posts...lots of good information on this site! 

QuoteSamhain2000 - 3/30/2009 11:11 AM ...check out my virtual humidor.

I don't think you have made your humidor visible to others...at least I couldn't access it.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Duker511

Welcome to the site!!
Tim

Samhain2000

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/29/2009  8:41 PM

Welcome to the forum!  I see that you have been browsing some of the older posts...lots of good information on this site!  

QuoteSamhain2000 - 3/30/2009 11:11 AM ...check out my virtual humidor.

I don't think you have made your humidor visible to others...at least I couldn't access it.

I just checked out my humidor viewing options, all is visible. Maybe there was a data base issue?

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Samhain2000

podman28

Welcome to Cigargeeks and happy posting. :biggrin:

mattmancool34

welcome to the site, well welcome to your reawakening to the site

Hot Stuff x

QuoteSamhain2000 - 3/30/2009 1:47 PM I just checked out my humidor viewing options, all is visible. Maybe there was a data base issue? http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Samhain2000[/QUOTE]

Looks okay now...thanks for checking.  Interesting collection you have going there, mostly cigars I've never heard of let alone tried.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

lowpro75

Welcome to the site.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mhuss

Welcome aboard!  Glad you finally came out of the woodwork and introduced yourself.  Looking forward to some more reviews and other input.

Bob Cordell

Hi, hi, hi! Welcome to the party!!!!!!!!!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mountedshriner

You're going to love this site! The more involved you become the richer the rewards. Glad you came back to join us.
  :bigthumbs:

Dennis
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Twinky

Welcome to the site! You going to like it here.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Ken Kelley

Glad to have you here!  :welcome:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Bob Cordell

Thats a pretty nice pic of your humi!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Samhain2000

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/31/2009  8:26 AM

Thats a pretty nice pic of your humi!

Thanks, I went all out in December and bought the 100 count for down stairs and the 400 count for upstairs. I bought both of them off ebay and paid less than 100 for each of them.

The 400 ct, had taken a small amount of damage at some point, you can see it in the pic, the top lid, the right corner. The seller gave me 20% back as I did not want to deal with shipping it back then waiting for another.

Samhain2000

So, is there a way to find members by location?
I live in Melissa, Tx which is about 45 min North of Dallas on 75.

Ken Kelley

QuoteSamhain2000 - 4/1/2009  1:02 PM

So, is there a way to find members by location?
I live in Melissa, Tx which is about 45 min North of Dallas on 75.

When you hit 100 points (I think it's 100) then you will be able to see people's addresses in their profile.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Windwalker

Howdy and welcome to the site!

Samhain2000

Well you people know about where I live so holler if you live near by.

BlackIrish

Welcome!  Hope you find that posting is even more fun than lurking.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Samhain2000

I'm a lurker... Actually, All I did was mess around with my virtual humidor, up until a few days ago.

Samhain2000

Man I am becoming a cigar geek. I was planning all day to try out a Cordova, I bought last week. Come early evening I got a special headache. I get these weird headaches which make it hard for me to see, they do not hurt real bad though. I wound up skipping my evening smoke secession due to static vision.

So last night I had a dream I was outside on my back porch, smoking that cigar. It was dark, the fireplace was burning and I was sitting on one of the porch chairs puffing away. Now I even smoke cigars while I am sleeping.

texlewee

Hey there.... I'm in FW, so not too far from you.....

As long as you weren't dreaming of Swisher Sweets (cue scary music) :-0
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.