Any Pipe Smokers Here? (is it an allowed topic?)

Started by ljlemer, 09/01/2007 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

I rotate a pipe and cigar, so when I'm not smoking one I'm smoking the other.  I find they complement each other. I smoke a blend made with cigar leaves: McClelland's  Dominican Glory made with rich maduro cigar leaf and Virginia tobaccos. Great stuff. I use a cheap corn cob with a cheap disposable paper filter inside, but I ordered 2 meershaums and 3 briars on ebay dirt cheap and they'll arrive before the end of the week. Hey, you discuss alcohol and cigars, why not pipes? I am a teetotaler, by the way. Never could stomach booze.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

monteclaro

You know I used to smoke a pipe every now and again, but its been years.  My dad actually used to be a big pipe smoker and has a huge collection of pipes.  I'll have to ask him what he did with them all.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

I see used estate pipes going for more than new ones on ebay. Was he into fine pipes?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Certainly its an allowed topic.  If there's enough interest at some point i'll create a new forum for Pipe smokers.

I persoanlly am not a pipe smoker, although I keep threatening to become one.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

I never got into pipes either.  Always thought about them, just never bought one.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

ajmtg

I'm a pipe smoker. I alternate between cigars, pipe and snuff. I'm using a briar pipe. My favorite blends are exclusiv royal, exclusiv wild mango, thomas radford sunday's fantasy.

I saw once on a forum that you can use cigar to make pipe tobacco. Haven't tried it yet.

junglepete

I am not a pipe smoker, but I know that Duker is.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Aequitas86

I smoke a pipe as well. Never heard of the using a cigars tobacco in a pipe, but it may work. I feel you would lose some of the pazazz by removing the wrapper and the binder...

I may try it with a corn cob pipe and a cheaper cigar to see what happens... :confused:
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

Duker511

There are several brands of pipe tobacco on the market that use cigar tobacco in their blends, even a couple that use maduro leaves. Ive never tried any of it but it looks interesting. I dont really like any of the aromatic tobaccos, I only smoke English type tobacco. I think you lose the whole tobacco flavor with all the aromatics. I like some of the tinned tobaccos on the market but I find that alot of places have good bulk blends for way less money. I usually smoke one cigar and a couple pipes a day and I chew snuff at work, boy am I addicted to nicotine. :biggrin:

Oh, I have two briar pipes and two corn cobs in my rotation right now, they all smoke different and have different tastes to them.
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.