My Isabela Review

Started by ljlemer, 04/07/2009 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

Removed until everyone has had a chance to review....
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Hot Stuff x

Don't want to give away my review of the Isabela, which is part of the Geeks Critique, but I will say that I didn't have an issue with the way my cigar (the Robusto, 5 x 52) was packed.  It was very firm and held solid all the way through.  I was also able to bite down on the cigar without it caving in.  The burn was slow, and I got a lot of smoke time out of the one I had.  I'm surprised that these two vitolas were so different in those respects.

I agree with you about the pre-light.  I signed up for the free sampler and will be resting those sticks for a long time, as I agree that they could stand some aging.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

ljlemer

Was I not supposed to post my review?

Thomas Mann

Ken Kelley

Quoteljlemer - 4/7/2009  5:57 AM

Here's Paul's note on that....

"For those who have not entered a Geek Critique previously, the place to enter them is here:
www.cigargeeks.com/reviews/sta...

You should see a link at the top to create the review.

Cheers!
-Paul"

There's a form to fill out and then the results will be posted when everyone has submitted their review.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

SenorPablo

Hey Larry.  Can you submit it using the form here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques (link at the top of this page.)
I like to keep them all hidden until everyione has had the chance to review.

Thanks,
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 4/7/2009  11:30 AM

Hey Larry.  Can you submit it using the form here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques (link at the top of this page.)
I like to keep them all hidden until everyione has had the chance to review.

Thanks,
-Paul

Did you save my review? Email me a copy.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Can you give us a little hint?  Did you enjoy it?

ljlemer

EXCEPT that Paul didn't bother to save what he removed for later when everyone will have had a chance to review, so I have no fresh memories of the cigar to base my review on. I've had short-term memory problems for years. Even discounting my poor memory, it was very inconsiderate. I never doubted for a moment that Paul saved a copy, because that made perfect sense and Paul is sensible, right?

Now I've been told that I can bow out of the review. A double-whammy.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Fortunately I wrote a standard review of the cigar in question which is stored in the database and will give me enough material, and hopefully jar my memory.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 4/8/2009  11:21 PM

EXCEPT that Paul didn't bother to save what he removed for later when everyone will have had a chance to review, so I have no fresh memories of the cigar to base my review on. I've had short-term memory problems for years. Even discounting my poor memory, it was very inconsiderate. I never doubted for a moment that Paul saved a copy, because that made perfect sense and Paul is sensible, right?

Now I've been told that I can bow out of the review. A double-whammy.

Yes Larry you have made it very clear now that you are not happy with me.  Duly noted.  As I stated in reply to your PMs, I never in any way asked you to bow out of the reviews - not sure where you got that from.  What I stated was that if you can't remember enough about the experience to enter the citrique, then don't sweat it - not a big deal.  If you have more to state then take it to PMs.
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

And now I exercise the benefit of owning the site by shutting this thread down.  It doesn't seem to be much benefit to anyone to continue with it.

-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.