Anejo and Opus - the same???

Started by monteclaro, 09/06/2007 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monteclaro

So I found this description on Anejo and Opus.  The claim is that they are basically the same cigar except that the Anejo has a CTB wrapper.  Has anyone heard this before.  I've had an Opus a few times and think it is fantastic and if the Anejo is the same with an essentially maduro wrapper i'm thinking it is probably fantastic.  I haven't had an Anejo yet.  Can anyone talk about the comparison between the 2?

http://www.tobaccoworldcigars.com/cigars_arturo_fuente_anejo.htm

I have an Opus left.  If anyone cares to send me an Anejo i'll do the comparison!  :biggrin:

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

theoldcc

I'd b happy to do the comparison for you, but I've never been able to get my hands on an Anejo.  :rolleyes:

Mmmm.....Anejo.....

I'm not surprised they would do that though.  Opus is so wildly successful, why not take it and just do something simple like change the wrapper and voila - you have 2 wildly successful cigars.  Keep the production down to make them hard to get and create the buzz....brilliant if you think about it.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

mistagordo

Interesting to know.  Makes sense to me.  No one ever said AF wasn't a smart guy.  I'd love to do a side by side on the 2  :biggrin:

Steve

ljlemer

By "a side by side", mistagordo, do you mean a 3some with you in the middle? My last smoke was a 3some with a cigar on one side and a pipe on the other. That was about 3 days ago, but who's counting? The cigar and the pipe both did me but didn't do each other. I was the focus of attention. You think you could handle two strong cigars at once? Those cigars are expensive. What if you got too nauseous to continue and had to toss both cigars in the middle? And then the middle caught fire because you didn't put the cigars out first? And then the fire spread to the beginning and end and everything went up in flames, resulting in a long white ash? Even crematoriums can't turn you into one long white ash. Hey, I thought of it first! I'm off to patent the idea.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Quoteljlemer - 9/8/2007  7:54 PM

By "a side by side", mistagordo, do you mean a 3some with you in the middle? My last smoke was a 3some with a cigar on one side and a pipe on the other. That was about 3 days ago, but who's counting? The cigar and the pipe both did me but didn't do each other. I was the focus of attention. You think you could handle two strong cigars at once? Those cigars are expensive. What if you got too nauseous to continue and had to toss both cigars in the middle? And then the middle caught fire because you didn't put the cigars out first? And then the fire spread to the beginning and end and everything went up in flames, resulting in a long white ash? Even crematoriums can't turn you into one long white ash. Hey, I thought of it first! I'm off to patent the idea.

That's very deep thinking Larry! I don't think I could handle both at the same time for sure.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.