My collection...so far!!

Started by Duker511, 04/21/2009 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

I havent been posting much lately but I want to get more involved again. Ill start by showing some of my new to me pipes. Most of these were bought as estates....yes, used pipes. I put them through a masive cleaning before smoking them. Some are pretty inexpensive and some are real collector pipes. As you can tell, I really like Petersons!!  :biggrin:

Comoys Gold Bark (bought brand new)
Photobucket

Savinelli Natural (bought brand new)
Photobucket

Peterson Deluxe System XL 9s
Photobucket

Peterson Deluxe System 9s
Photobucket

Peterson Standard System 307
Photobucket

Peterson Standard System XL 307
Photobucket

Peterson Standard System 312
Photobucket

Peterson 120 London Made
Photobucket

Charatans Make (Lane Era)
Photobucket

Celius Root Pawn (100 year old briar)
Photobucket

Masta Patent Standard (made in the Dunhill factory)
Photobucket

Unmarked Italian Nose Burner (Maybe a Brebbia :confused: )
Photobucket

GBD African Block Meerschaum
Photobucket

Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cobs :dancing:
Photobucket

I have a few more but I have to take pictures of them! Between cigars, pipes and pipe tobacco Im going BROKE!!!! I would show pictures of all my pipe tobacco but my camera doesnt have a wide angle lens. :biggrin:
Tim

SenorPablo

Very cool.  I like the looks of the Meerschaum.  I have never got much into pipes, but mostly because I haven't tried them.  My dad had a pretty good collection of them.  He doesn't smoke them anymore.  I'll have to see if I can find out what happened to them.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mountedshriner

Thanks for the pics Tim. I always enjoyed a pipe but just didn't like packing around all of the baggage that goes w/them. I also love the smell of some pipe tobacco. It seems like pipe smoking is becoming a lost art. So many of my Dads friends smoked pipes back in the 40's and early 50's. Now I hardly ever see anyone smoking a pipe. Very nice collection.  I have a beautiful carved Meerschaum from Turkey that has never been smoked. Hated to use it as it was so nice. I should send it to you for your collection. PM me if interested.

Dennis
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

markinde

Thats a pretty extensive collection of pipes there Tim.    :bigthumbs:
I am hoping to get one soon but I have to wait till everything settles out with this move.
"Women are most like fine cigars...The good ones leave you wanting to have another. But unfortunately most women get jealous when you have another right after them." - Mark L.
"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=markinde

podman28

Very cool collecton Tim. I am pipe stupid though so please explain why you have different shapes and sizes? Does it effect flavor or something to that effect?

Hot Stuff x

Quotepodman28 - 4/23/2009 1:18 AM Very cool collecton Tim. I am pipe stupid though so please explain why you have different shapes and sizes? Does it effect flavor or something to that effect?

Awww Hell, here we go....like cigars, piping is another slippery slope, and there is a ton of stuff to learn about that until you start looking into it, you just have no idea the depth of what can be learned about pipes and pipe tobacco, not to mention smoking techniques.  It can be very complex.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Duker511

To answer your question Tim, its just like any other addicting hoddy, you can never have enough. Also its a good idea to rest your pipes between smokes, 24 hours is recomended. That gives all the moisture that gets built up time to evaporate, otherwise your pipe may get sour or the wood could get damaged. Then theres the fact that every pipe smokes different, some cool, some hotter, some dry, some wetter. As for the Peterson Systems I have, they have a resivouir(sp), like a little chamber(see below) that collects moisture so you dont get it up your pipe. This hobby is just as addicting as cigars!!! I like the fact that there is something to collect besides cigar bands.   :biggrin:

Oh and Paul, if you ever find your dads pipes either smoke 'em or sell 'em to me!!   :biggrin:

Photobucket
Tim

Duker511

QuoteHot Stuff x - 4/23/2009  3:00 AM

Awww Hell, here we go....like cigars, piping is another slippery slope, and there is a ton of stuff to learn about that until you start looking into it, you just have no idea the depth of what can be learned about pipes and pipe tobacco, not to mention smoking techniques.  It can be very complex.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right Les, its a whole other world of flavors and techniqes! If anyones interested try going here   http://www.smokersforums.co.uk/index.php? its a great place to learn about the pipe hobby. Just like here, there are alot of great people willing to help. Dont think Im a traitor or anything, I only use the site for educational purposes...I promise. :biggrin:  If more people here would pick up the pipe I wouldnt have to go elsewhere. Cigar Geeks is still my home base and always will be, its the best site on the net!!!  :dancing:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.