Obsidian White Noise 5 Pack - $21.99

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 09/20/2013 08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyleafcigars

We have quite the surplus of this fine stick and rather than continue to have my "crack team" continue to burn them all up in the name of R&D, I thought we'd do a little "fiver" action.

I think this a largely overlooked stick that certainly deserves a little more attention. Happy herfing gentlemen.  

http://www.dirtyleafcigars.com/pinardelrio.html

dirtyleafcigars

I actually find it quite comical the lack of interest in these sticks across the board.... hah... NEXT! :bump:

DogMan

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 9/24/2013  7:46 AM  I actually find it quite comical the lack of interest in these sticks across the board.... hah... NEXT! :bump:

that I just got 10 for $20, a typical cbid deal, may partly explain it. 
Loren B Davis

c.petree.1

QuoteDogMan - 9/24/2013  6:15 AM

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 9/24/2013  7:46 AM  I actually find it quite comical the lack of interest in these sticks across the board.... hah... NEXT! :bump:

:word:

dirtyleafcigars

Hey, can't argue with that... I'd do the same. I'll discount them when I accumulate some more.

Brlesq

Quotec.petree.1 - 9/24/2013  11:57 AM

That and cigar.com has them 10/$29.99 today with free shipping.  We love that you want to offer us some deals, but as you said yourself in another thread this week, you're going to have to start pricing cigars less than some of the big boys.  So far you haven't done that in any of your for-sale threads.  The internet is an easy tool to compare prices, and we all use it.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that we would prefer to support a small, local business like yourself over a conglomerate corporation, but supporting our own self and family by saving money is usually the higher priority. You're going to have to figure out where that sweet spot is in which we all jump at your deal and you still make a profit. :-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

dirtyleafcigars

Couldn't agree more Brlesq. Believe me when I say we ALWAYS try to offer better prices than the big guys, but quite frankly it's not easy, they are powerhouses of buying power and it's not easy to keep up. But we try our best. I promise you guys that as we continue to grow our prices will shrink. We want nothing more than to bring cigars lovers the best prices around and we're always trying.

DogMan

QuoteBrlesq - 9/24/2013  10:18 AM  ..... when I say that we would prefer to support a small, local business like yourself over a conglomerate corporation, but supporting our own self and family by saving money is usually the higher priority. You're going to have to figure out where that sweet spot is in which we all jump at your deal and you still make a profit. :-)

me too - I would pay a premium to buy these from a retailer like you vs. cbid, but not very much of a premium (10%, maybe). curious what others think....
Loren B Davis

bmac7754

Same here, I just got a couple last week to try out, of CBID as well for either $2 or $3 each, i cant remember

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

LawDaddy

I just bought some lanceros from Dirty Leaf for the same price as Atlantic, but higher shipping costs.  I guess I am okay eating it a bit on shipping if it means I can support a small business, but as said above, the price still needs to be comparable.

Blgove

QuoteBrlesq - 9/24/2013  10:18 AM

That and cigar.com has them 10/$29.99 today with free shipping.  We love that you want to offer us some deals, but as you said yourself in another thread this week, you're going to have to start pricing cigars less than some of the big boys.  So far you haven't done that in any of your for-sale threads.  The internet is an easy tool to compare prices, and we all use it.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that we would prefer to support a small, local business like yourself over a conglomerate corporation, but supporting our own self and family by saving money is usually the higher priority. You're going to have to figure out where that sweet spot is in which we all jump at your deal and you still make a profit. :-)

Gonna have to go with the above opinions. I know it's tough to compete with the big boys. We do it all the time in my business. My business is a service business, so it doesn't quite compare, but we out serve the big guys. Anyway, you have to be up on your competition no matter what your business :biggrin:

Bruce G.

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

nwb

As stated above, I think Geeks in general are some of the most price conscious groups I've seen.  The cigar retail industry is brutally competitive, so price point is key.

With that being said, I don't mind paying a small premium to support the little guy.  Key word "small". :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.