Cooler Weather means time is running out

Started by mistagordo, 09/15/2007 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistagordo

It's starting to get a little cooler here and I started thinking how much it will affect my cigar smoking.  It shouldn't but it does.  There's something about sitting out on a nice night and having a great cigar.  I know when the weather starts getting colder I find myself not so quick to grab a cigar and pop out onto the deck.

So I think I need to pick it up a notch before the weather gets too cold.  Last night I had a Joya de Nicaragua Antano.  It had a decent flavor but poor construction.  Very tight draw and burn problems made it less enjoyable.  After about half way I just tossed it.

I just grabbed a Don Tomas Special Edition Corojo 554 for my next guilty pleasure.  I write up a few reviews in a bit.

Steve

ljlemer

How about cigar lounges? Maybe someone who smokes indoors you could befriend? You could move to my neck of the woods. I actually look forward to cooler weather when I can smoke in 70 degree comfort instead of in swealtering heat, oppressive humidity and a fog of flying bloodsuckers. I was raised up north, so I remember how cold it got. But now you have milder winters, don't we? Dress warmer?

A seasonal break is healthy. Meanwhile your humidor keeps aging your next cigar.

At what temperature do you find it's not worth going out for a smoke?

Time runs right back in as soon as it finishes running out.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Where i'm at it never gets so cold that it would stop me from stepping out to enjoy a cigar.  I guess I could see it sway me some if I was on the fence of wanting a smoke.   :confused:

Cigar lounges would be a great place to take care of that problem although I haven't joined one yet.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

The cold weather just makes me think twice about going out for a smoke.  If I really want one then its probably not going to stop me unless its bitter cold.  But if i'm only just thinking about maybe having one then it might make me stop and think about how bad I want it if its miserable out.

Either way i'll get the job done.  :biggrin:

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tnt956

Which is bad for me...I haven't had a cigar in a couple of weeks now.  Football season has curtailed my posts here too but I hope to pick it up.

mistagordo

That reminds me that i forgot to post the reveiw on the Don Tomas.  It was a great cigar.  Very well made.  But maybe slightly too light for me.

Steve

tnt956

Last night was very nice.  Temps in the low 70's and very low humidity.

ljlemer

Last night in South Florida was warm, muggy and rainy. The mosquito level was/is "extreme". Still warm, muggy and buggy this afternoon, as I sit outside smoking an Olva Series G Maduro Churchill box-pressed. Smelled great pre-smoke. Started off fine, if you ignore the odd fit a square cigar has in a round mouth. One-third through, the head is no longer square, but the cigar is just fair. Onyx does a better job with maduros. I sense no complexity. The cigar is OK, a 3.5, probably. We'll see.  No difficulty finishing it. An earlier review gave it a 4.0. My review will follow after I test drive the second half. It's already getting bitterer.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.