Band of Brothers Cigr Smoker

Started by chuck6660, 05/11/2009 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck6660

A group of Cigar Geeks ( and I do mean "Geeks") in Seoul, Korea, known as the Band of Brothers hold bi-monthly Cigar Smokers. The latest Smoker was held this past Friday, at the Bless U Bar in Itaewon, Seoul.  :beer:   We had 17 smokers/groupees in attendance, sadly Les (Hotstuffx) couldn't make it to  this meet.  :sad:

Some how, between the smoking and drinking we discussed several points of order, namely trying to get the serious smokers all turned on to this site.  The biggest cigar contest was won by my 14 inch x @100 gauge Torpedo by Northern Cigars out of Manila.  All the women in attendance seemed to enjoy "handling" this cigar    :biggrin:

Our group is a very international bunch made up of Cigar fans from the USA, Korea, Thailand, Canada, Germany and Brazil.

If anyone finds themself in Seoul and looking to smoke a cigar, contact Les or myself and the "smokimg lamp" will be lit.

mountedshriner

Sounds like a great group Chuck. I was in Seoul may years ago and  hada hell of a good time. Glad to hear you are trying to get your international collective involved in the CG site. Would love to see more reviews and posts from the international community. Thanks again Chuck and keep up the good worlk!

Dennis
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Hot Stuff x

Chuck,

Sounds like a great time was had by all, sorry I missed it!   I did, however enjoy a Fuente Hemingway Classic that evening while I was in Songtan.

I spent the weekend travelling to Songtan, then the East coast, then back to Songtan and on to Seoul, putting over 500 miles on my motorcycle on beautiful mountain roads.  Spring is the best time of the year in Korea, IMHO (ymmv).

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

SenorPablo

Welcome Chuck!  It sounds like we have a nice following of the BOTL in APAC.
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nukbucko

:welcome: Glad to have you. I know you will love it here...They Wont let me go :crazy:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

chuck6660

Paul,

Thanks for the welcome, yes we have quite a following in the "land of the morning calm (and daily protest) ".  Most of the BOB are over here in support of US Forces Korea; however we have various other Miguks (Americans), such as the CEO of Nissan-Korea and the VP of GM-Daewoo.

We also attract other nationalities looking for some fellowship when enjoying a good Cigar.  Cigar Smoking si just catching on over here and amongst Koreans is primarily a social status thing.  Offer a Korean a cigar and you have a friend for life.

We hold most of our smokers at the Bless U bar which is owned by a very pretty Korean woman and her German husband who happens to be an avid Cigar smoker.  During the Smokers we do cigar swaps and generally have a great time with some great conversation (we've solved 1/4 the worlds problems, from What size Harley to ride to the eroding power of the King of Thailand), our problem solving ability is related to 2 factors: 1- cigar intake, 2- alcohol consumed  :cheers:  :smoker:

ljlemer

Chuck, do you have any websites for cigar makers in the area?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

chuck6660

lj,

As far as I know Korea has no smoke makers.  They do have their own cigarette companies, bur cigars are an imported novelty.  Korean cigar smokers are usually business men types and see smoking a cigar as an expression of wealth.  They always ask "where a cigar came form" cubans are the most common cigars sold in Korea, costing @ $20-$30.  The important thing is not taste, it's how much it cost...the more expensive the better.

ljlemer

Quotechuck6660 - 5/14/2009  3:55 AM

lj,

As far as I know Korea has no smoke makers.  They do have their own cigarette companies, bur cigars are an imported novelty.  Korean cigar smokers are usually business men types and see smoking a cigar as an expression of wealth.  They always ask "where a cigar came form" cubans are the most common cigars sold in Korea, costing @ $20-$30.  The important thing is not taste, it's how much it cost...the more expensive the better.

Thanks. I didn't make myself clear. I was refering to the 14 inch x @100 gauge Torpedo by Northern Cigars out of Manila. I can't find any info on the
Northern Cigar Company.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

chuck6660

The monster torpedo cigar was placed in my care by a departing member of the BOB 2 years ago.  I believe he acquired it through a friend returning from the PI.

Several of the BOB have ties to the Philippines and they believe the monster in question was produced by Tabaqueria de Filipinas as a novelty item.

The monster has it's own wooden box and I bring it out 3-4 times a year, it has become the BOB mascot.  The ciagr band reads Northern Cigars, Manila

:confused:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.