What are you listening to?

Started by Kman, 12/11/2013 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

I'm sure I'm not the only geek here that enjoys a bit of music with his smoke. I thought I'd start this thread so people can describe what they are listening to as they enjoy their sticks. 

For me tonight it was an old standby with some live Genesis, mostly focused on the older material. We had The Musical Box, Firth of Fifth, Cinema Show, Supper's Ready, Dance on a Volcano / Los Endos, In The Cage / Afterglow and It / Watcher of the Skies. You might be saying, "wow, must have been a short cigar for only 10 songs, but those 10 beauties provided me with close to 2 hours of smoke absorption. Loved every minute of it.

What about you guys?

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

stogieguy512

little ACDC greatest hits album, paired with a liga privada no9 :word:
Smoke till the light goes out>!>

bmac7754

I usually listen to the radio in the Jeep as I smoke on my ride home.  Its usually on a rock station.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

jumberlack1

Had some Rodrigo y Gabriela on last night, went nicely together.
Making bad decisions a profession!

Kman

Quotejumberlack1 - 12/11/2013  10:53 PM  Had some Rodrigo y Gabriela on last night, went nicely together.

Had never heard of them before now. Just took a quick listen and WOW!! Truly amazing. Definitely going to have to check out more of them tomorrow.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

toby2

Squirrel Nut Zippers today

mike.casey

I usually listen to Bill Cosby on Pandora.

When it's music I'm all over the place...
John Prine
Drive by Truckers
Old Crow Medicine Show
Flogging Molly
Willie Nelson
Kris Kristofferson
Hayes Karl
Charlie Robison
Steve Earle
Tupac
Nate Dogg
Todd Snider
Mumford and Sons
CCR
Bob Segier...

These are all Pandora channels that I frequent.

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Joelala

I am a country guy...enough said
Joe

toby2

Quotemike.casey - 12/11/2013  11:23 PM  I usually listen to Bill Cosby on Pandora.   When it's music I'm all over the place... John Prine Drive by Truckers Old Crow Medicine Show Flogging Molly Willie Nelson Kris Kristofferson Hayes Karl Charlie Robison Steve Earle Tupac  Nate Dogg Todd Snider Mumford and Sons  CCR Bob Segier...  These are all Pandora channels that I frequent.    

John Prine :thumbsup: the kids love Grandpa Was A Carpenter 

mike.casey

In spite of ourselves is my ringtone when my wife calls.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

nirab

Quotestogieguy512 - 12/11/2013  9:30 PM

little ACDC greatest hits album, paired with a liga privada no9 :word:

Now this here, is one smart geek!!  :bigthumbs:  :rocker:

I listen to a bunch of different music while enjoying a cigar, but when all else fails...AC/DC does not!! Followed closely by Queen. :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Jackal

When I want to relax, nothing beats the smooth grooves of Steely Dan.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

StogieDad

Does sports radio count??? :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

dirtyleafcigars

The Pogues baby, The Pogues...

toby2

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 12/12/2013  3:10 PM  The Pogues baby, The Pogues...

I'm thinking about getting their new box set that's coming out in few. 

Kman

Queen and Steely Dan!! Two great bands!! 

Sure, sports radio counts, but I find for me that I find myself getting annoyed more than relaxed when I listen to it :uzi:

I have a Progressive Rock station on Pandora that I have pretty finely tuned now that gives me a great mix. Genesis, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Peter Gabriel, Yes, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, TransAtlantic, Marillion, etc...

lubrix

When I want to wind down it's Possessed,Slayer,Death Angel,Die Kreuzen and Voivod.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

dirtyleafcigars

Quotetoby2 - 12/12/2013  3:13 PM

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 12/12/2013  3:10 PM  The Pogues baby, The Pogues...

I'm thinking about getting their new box set that's coming out in few. 

Oh wow, I didn't even aware there was one coming out!   :-0

Vroomp

I have a very eclectic mix of music stored on my computer which is connected to my stereo and plays on two pair of outdoor Bose speakers when I choose to listen and smoke outside. Mostly rock from the 70's onward, I also have a large assortment of jazz, reggae, alternative, New Wave, and a little country music. I prefer instrumental when smoking though......otherwise, I have to sing along. :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Bogglor

Quotelubrix - 12/12/2013  3:23 PM

When I want to wind down it's Possessed,Slayer,Death Angel,Die Kreuzen and Voivod.

What do you listen to when you want to get amped up?  Barbra Streisand?  :whistle:

The Burn Ward

Black Sabbath - The Writ is playing right now. I'm enjoying a very fine smoke from 1974 as well :biggrin:

Kman

QuoteVroomp - 12/12/2013  4:09 PM  I have a very eclectic mix of music stored on my computer which is connected to my stereo and plays on two pair of outdoor Bose speakers when I choose to listen and smoke outside. Mostly rock from the 70's onward, I also have a large assortment of jazz, reggae, alternative, New Wave, and a little country music. I prefer instrumental when smoking though......otherwise, I have to sing along. :biggrin:

I too have a vast music collection, but always looking to enhance it :biggrin: I have mine stored on a music server in my office and play that or any of the music services through Sonos in the enclosed porch. The Sonos stuff is a little pricey but the ease of use and sound are fantastic.

lubrix

QuoteBogglor - 12/12/2013  3:11 PM

Quotelubrix - 12/12/2013  3:23 PM

What do you listen to when you want to get amped up?  Barbra Streisand?  :whistle:
Kitty Wells!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

My coon dog, Amazing Grace, likes to listen to the ground... :biggrin:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

Like a lot of you, I have a very broad range of music I listen to: classic rock, southern rock, country, hip-hop, modern pop (usually the stuff with good instrumentals), grunge, etc.  Strangely enough, I don't usually listen to a lot of music when I'm smoking - I tend to like it quiet.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.