Today's Smoke - Pipe Version No. 3

Started by nwb, 12/18/2013 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

Thanks Nathan.

Now up: Wal-Hall, in the Celtic Morta Dublin.

cibolodave

just smoked some DE Harvest on the Hudson in my Savenelli

Hot Stuff x

I'm back in the pipe threads!   I broke out the Mizzou Meer today and smoked a bowl of GL Pease Montgomery with about 5 years on it.  It has gotten a bit dry, but is smoking well. I'm not usually a big fan of Virginias, but I like this one.  There is a little bit of KFC in this blend as well, which adds to the flavor but is not overpowering.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

ROTHNH

QuoteHot Stuff x - 12/21/2013  3:51 AM

I'm back in the pipe threads!   I broke out the Mizzou Meer today and smoked a bowl of GL Pease Montgomery with about 5 years on it.  It has gotten a bit dry, but is smoking well. I'm not usually a big fan of Virginias, but I like this one.  There is a little bit of KFC in this blend as well, which adds to the flavor but is not overpowering.

Greg Pease makes excellent pipe blends!  Try throwing a HumiCare Pillow in the can or jar for 3 to 10 days.  There are more elaborate re-hydration methods, but that is the easiest.

I'm smoking some Cornell & Diehl 5 O'Clock Shadow in a Taylor-Ashton Old Church XXX apple.

ROTHNH

Next up: Brigham's Maritime Morning, in an Ashton Pebble Shell XXX apple.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

wlfwalleye

Smoking some Paul Olsen My Own Blend 111 in an Omar King Billiard. One of my favorite Vaper tobaccos, just too bad it isn't available in the US anymore.

Wish I could find a reliable source to get some more.

ROTHNH

Quotewlfwalleye - 12/21/2013  2:50 PM

Smoking some Paul Olsen My Own Blend 111 in an Omar King Billiard. One of my favorite Vaper tobaccos, just too bad it isn't available in the US anymore.

Wish I could find a reliable source to get some more.

Kyle, I've got one sealed tin of Paul Olsen My Own Blend No, 111 left and so I am reluctant to pop it open LOL.

You can order the 111 from Danish Pipe Shop -- with the 20% off (VAT deducted) it breaks down to about $25 per tin (but I am lousy at math)  :-)

http://www.danishpipeshop.com/product.asp?product=55#.UrX13_RDsfU

metalhead y cigarguy

Enjoying a bowl of Solani Silver Flake in my Wally Frank Oom Paul.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ROTHNH

Brigham Maritime Morning, in a Comoy made Wally Frank Shipmate rhodesian.

lubrix

Having a bowl of 7 Generations Chairman Council Fire.
----

ROTHNH

Some G.L. Pease Jack Knife Plug after lunch today, in the Todd Harris Celtic Morta Dublin.

ROTHNH

Presbyterian Mixture after lunch today, in a Ferndown Bark * cumberland pot.

lubrix

----

ROTHNH

2003 McClelland Christmas Cheer, in a Taylor Ashton Old Church apple.

Cigary

QuoteROTHNH - 12/21/2013  12:47 PM  
QuoteHot Stuff x - 12/21/2013  3:51 AM  I'm back in the pipe threads!   I broke out the Mizzou Meer today and smoked a bowl of GL Pease Montgomery with about 5 years on it.  It has gotten a bit dry, but is smoking well. I'm not usually a big fan of Virginias, but I like this one.  There is a little bit of KFC in this blend as well, which adds to the flavor but is not overpowering.
Greg Pease makes excellent pipe blends!  Try throwing a HumiCare Pillow in the can or jar for 3 to 10 days.  There are more elaborate re-hydration methods, but that is the easiest.  I'm smoking some Cornell & Diehl 5 O'Clock Shadow in a Taylor-Ashton Old Church XXX apple.

I keep all of the tobacco I have bought lately into jars and put those jars into a cooler where I keep a cup of KL in there...it is at about 70/14% and the tobacco is soooooooo good and tastes so fresh.  Unlike cigars you can't keep pipe tobacco at a higher RH...so I keep dry KL in the cooler to absorb any moisture that might cause issues.

Hot Stuff x

QuoteCigary - 12/25/2013  8:24 AM  

QuoteROTHNH - 12/21/2013  12:47 PM  
QuoteHot Stuff x - 12/21/2013  3:51 AM  I'm back in the pipe threads!   I broke out the Mizzou Meer today and smoked a bowl of GL Pease Montgomery with about 5 years on it.  It has gotten a bit dry, but is smoking well. I'm not usually a big fan of Virginias, but I like this one.  There is a little bit of KFC in this blend as well, which adds to the flavor but is not overpowering.
Greg Pease makes excellent pipe blends!  Try throwing a HumiCare Pillow in the can or jar for 3 to 10 days.  There are more elaborate re-hydration methods, but that is the easiest.  I'm smoking some Cornell & Diehl 5 O'Clock Shadow in a Taylor-Ashton Old Church XXX apple.

I keep all of the tobacco I have bought lately into jars and put those jars into a cooler where I keep a cup of KL in there...it is at about 70/14% and the tobacco is soooooooo good and tastes so fresh.  Unlike cigars you can't keep pipe tobacco at a higher RH...so I keep dry KL in the cooler to absorb any moisture that might cause issues.

I guess this is what I need to do.  I'll give it a try. 

LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

cibolodave

had some three nuns in my savenelli 610

wlfwalleye

Smoking a damn tasty bowl of Brigham Klondike Gold in a Parker Zulu.

ROTHNH

Some C&D 5 O'Clock Shadow this Christmas Evening, in an R.C. Sands quarter bent egg.

Hot Stuff x

Boswell's Bear Blend in a Peterson System 312   

LES

cibolodave

some bad santa in my savenelli 320

ROTHNH

Brigham's Maritime Morning this morning, in an old Lorenzo Eleganza stack billiard.

ROTHNH

Next up: Sutliff CD Blend, in a Sasieni sandblasted 4dot diplomat.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.