Humidor cabinet finally complete!

Started by Caveman Steve, 01/01/2014 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman Steve

I started to convert this old piece of furniture many months ago.  It's been up and running for a while, but finally put the finishing touches on it yesterday.  Thanks go out to Brad (Vroomp) who unknowingly inspired me to do this when I viewed his curio cabinet on this site.  I'm really thrilled how it functions!

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ThinBlueLine

That is awesome man congrats and great work
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Ntxsage

Very nice! Looks like a professional job.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

jumberlack1

Making bad decisions a profession!

LawDaddy

Joelala

Joe

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

mess24

vary nice did you make it yourself or someone else build it

Mojo66

It's simply beautiful. Great job.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

tvolball

That looks great. How are you sealing around the doors
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Caveman Steve

Quotemess24 - 1/1/2014  7:00 PM  vary nice did you make it yourself or someone else build it

The only thing I didn't do myself was the Spanish cedar trays used for the drawers.  I bought them from "Wineadors".  I could've made them, but it just didn't make sense from a cost or time point of view.  I did mill and apply the finished Spanish cedar drawer fronts. 

Caveman Steve

Quotetvolball - 1/1/2014  7:07 PM  That looks great. How are you sealing around the doors

I used a dark brown "D" shaped rubber insulation that you can get at Home Depot.  It has a self adhesive on the flat side.  I applied this to the back of the doors and they close against the frame of the cabinet insert that I built.  Luckily, the doors on this cabinet interlock in the middle very tightly.  I actually think this is good because it does allow for a small amount of exchange air.    

Longhorn

That looks beautiful! Well done!

The Burn Ward

Kman

That really looks amazing!! Very nice job!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Rbrushaber

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Beautiful, bring a tear to my eye
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

redjj

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."  Albert Einstein

cavenbk

Nice job! That thing looks awesome.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

bmac7754

Wow Steve, that looks amazing.  If you didn't say you built that, I would say you bought that like that.  Wish I had that handy work in my blood.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.