Boveda Mini Paks, How Many??

Started by 05Venturer, 01/06/2014 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

I just realized when they came in the mail today that the Boveda paks I ordered are the small 8 gram paks. How many should I use in my 50 cigar humidor when it arrives?
If I have enough I would like to use these in my tupperdor also.

:thanx:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

sjn1117

How many cigars are in the humi?
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

05Venturer

I will be putting 40-50 in it after seasoning.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

The Burn Ward

If your humidor is well seasoned, I say 2 should do.

sjn1117

I would agree. Two should do it.

bmac7754

Start with two and watch the humidity level and adjust if needed.  Just for an idea, I use two large ones in a 100 count humidor at all times as well as a 4 oz jar of gel.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ted

These are the minis, I don't think two would come close.  I'd say start with 8.

Boveda recommends 1 large for every 25 cigars, plus a couple for the humidor itself.

ThinBlueLine

I agree with Ted on this one
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Ted

http://www.bovedainc.com/solutions/tobacco/tobacco-faq/

How To Use Boveda In Your Humidor

Step 1: Determine Correct Number of Boveda to Use:

*As a rule, use 1 Boveda per 25 cigars in a wood humidor, even if the humidor isn't full. Boveda will never over-humidify, so you can never use too many.

The Burn Ward

What RH do you have? Also I live in a place with high humidity so less is sufficient.

sjn1117

QuoteTed - 1/6/2014  8:03 PM  These are the minis, I don't think two would come close.  I'd say start with 8.  Boveda recommends 1 large for every 25 cigars, plus a couple for the humidor itself.
yeah you're right. I never use the minis myself except in pass boxes.

Ted

Forgot to mention, the large packs are 60 grams.  So when they say a per 25, your looking at 20 minis for every 50 cigars!  :-0

Wow.  I think I need to revise my 8 up!  I didn't realize the mini's were so small!

sjn1117

They give them away at the cash register at the shop I go to if you buy more than a couple of smokes at a time.

ntanner

Better to many then not enough with the boveda's.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

Thinking I will save these minis for my travel humi and order some large ones. My mess up on ordering wrong in a hurry on the bay.
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.