Heartfelt beads

Started by tvolball, 01/11/2014 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvolball

I've been looking around at these. What y'all think?

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AH_1_70
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

05Venturer

I would think it works but I would believe you could buy the beads and make your own container for a fraction of the price.
But I am cheeeep. LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

I have been using these in my humi for 4? years now with great results

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RH_Large_65

"The Curmudgeon"

Joelala

I love heartfelt, up until I found out of Kitty Litter. Can't go wrong either way, they do dry out quickly in the winter time here in Chicago, however my KL does not.
Joe

DonM

I use 2 of those in the top and 2 in the bottom and alternate spraying 1 of each when my RH drops.  It has worked great for me.  I am a firm believer that if it isn't broke don't fix it

"The Curmudgeon"

Cigary

You can use just about anything as a container to hold beads....soap dishes...rubbermaid...toothbrush holders and just drill holes in it.  I like beads but they tend to be on the expensive side esp. if you have an extensive collection....as the other brother testifies about KL....I use it and I think it's the easiest media to use out there...but that's just me.

Ken Kelley

I bought a couple pounds of the Heartfelt beads a few years ago and they still work great. Don't buy their containers because they are overpriced. Put them in a dish or in a piece of nylon stocking and you're fine. I also use the kitty litter and it works great too at much less expense. Do what you wanna do!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

I actually got slick and asked Heartfelt to sell me some of the holders empty, I already had a bunch of their beads.  I like them because they are small with the magnet and can be placed on the lid and on the sides in the bottom to minimize the space they use.  He was reluctant to do it but did

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

whatever works and everyone has their own thing. I love beads and PG solution. after spending thousands on cigars a few bucks on what keeps them from being ruined was no big deal for me.

Ken Kelley

Quotetoby2 - 1/10/2014  10:06 PM

whatever works and everyone has their own thing. I love beads and PG solution. after spending thousands on cigars a few bucks on what keeps them from being ruined was no big deal for me.

Do you use the PG solution with the beads or separately? I thought I read that PG will kill the beads.

toby2

QuoteKen Kelley - 1/11/2014  10:11 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 1/10/2014  10:06 PM  whatever works and everyone has their own thing. I love beads and PG solution. after spending thousands on cigars a few bucks on what keeps them from being ruined was no big deal for me.
Do you use the PG solution with the beads or separately? I thought I read that PG will kill the beads.

with. the jars the beads came in say to add it when they shrink to a certain line. I go back and forth with distilled water and PG. I've been using them a little over two years and they look new.

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 1/11/2014  6:24 AM

I use 2 of those in the top and 2 in the bottom and alternate spraying 1 of each when my RH drops.  It has worked great for me.  I am a firm believer that if it isn't broke don't fix it

Very True   :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Ken Kelley

Quotetoby2 - 1/10/2014  10:14 PM

Quotetoby2 - 1/10/2014  10:06 PM  whatever works and everyone has their own thing. I love beads and PG solution. after spending thousands on cigars a few bucks on what keeps them from being ruined was no big deal for me.

with. the jars the beads came in say to add it when they shrink to a certain line. I go back and forth with distilled water and PG. I've been using them a little over two years and they look new.

Ah, I see. You were talking about the other kind of beads, not the Heartfelt variety.

SenorPablo

I use Heartfelt myself and they work great.  I've tried some other beads and most of the hard silica gel beads wil do ok, but Heartfelt seems to work a little better, but at a huge cost difference from the others.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Ted

I just by them in the one pound bags and use fine mesh aquarium bio-bags...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4136+13961&pcatid=13961&s=lh

My local pet stores have 3" x 8" bags for .99 each (hold about 1/2lb beads per bag).  I use 4 per each in my 120qt Coleman coolidors.  Spritz them once a month when shuffling stock / recharging fan batteries.

Joelala

QuoteTed - 1/11/2014  9:56 AM

I just by them in the one pound bags and use fine mesh aquarium bio-bags...

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4136+13961&pcatid=13961&s=lh

My local pet stores have 3" x 8" bags for .99 each (hold about 1/2lb beads per bag).  I use 4 per each in my 120qt Coleman coolidors.  Spritz them once a month when shuffling stock / recharging fan batteries.

Those bags he is talking about our awesome, Ted sent me a few last year and they work great and are to spray water through to reload the beads/KL
Joe

Ted

QuoteJoelala - 1/11/2014  9:13 AM  
QuoteTed - 1/11/2014  9:56 AM  I just by them in the one pound bags and use fine mesh aquarium bio-bags...  http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4136+13961&pcatid=13961&s=lh  My local pet stores have 3" x 8" bags for .99 each (hold about 1/2lb beads per bag).  I use 4 per each in my 120qt Coleman coolidors.  Spritz them once a month when shuffling stock / recharging fan batteries.
Those bags he is talking about our awesome, Ted sent me a few last year and they work great and are to spray water through to reload the beads/KL

Hey. did you ever dig through the KL in the bottle?  I threw a cracker jack surprise in there, but considering how big that bottle was I realized you may not have gotten far into it!

:-)  

BewareDaPenguin

I always had success with beads, crystals, etc...just recently switched 2 an active system with an oasis n seems 2 be running well, also use beads in with it...these look great as well, I'm not real familiar with the KL system but I've seen quite a few post about it. As previously mentioned I enjoy reading up on all these methods as you can always learn something in this hobby! N you geeks r def learning me!! ??
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

tvolball

Lets say I go with the mesh bag idea. Can you just lay them on top and underneath cigars without hurting them?
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Ted

Quotetvolball - 1/11/2014  5:55 PM  Lets say I go with the mesh bag idea. Can you just lay them on top and underneath cigars without hurting them?

No idea.  I ended up adding little mounts so I could hold them near the fans in my coolidors.  I know they sell tubes the size of a cigar you can fill with beads and leave those next to your ciagrs, but I had nothing but trouble with those things leaving broken pieces of beads all over my sticks.  The mesh bags have much smaller holes, and I haven't noticed the bead "dust" with them.  Still probably wouldn't though.

toby2

QuoteKen Kelley - 1/11/2014  10:42 AM  

Ah, I see. You were talking about the other kind of beads, not the Heartfelt variety.

must be. they look the same?

Ted

Quotetoby2 - 1/11/2014  8:45 PM  

Heartfelt don't shrink/expand.  Not supposed to use PG with them either.  Not sure why they call that jarred stuff beads/crystals/etc.  Should be called jelly or something similar!

toby2

QuoteTed - 1/11/2014  10:55 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 1/11/2014  8:45 PM  

Heartfelt don't shrink/expand.  Not supposed to use PG with them either.  Not sure why they call that jarred stuff beads/crystals/etc.  Should be called jelly or something similar!

got it thx. they work well enough. for my large cabinet I use a hydra  

Blgove

QuoteTed - 1/11/2014  5:41 PM

Quotetvolball - 1/11/2014  5:55 PM  Lets say I go with the mesh bag idea. Can you just lay them on top and underneath cigars without hurting them?

No idea.  I ended up adding little mounts so I could hold them near the fans in my coolidors.  I know they sell tubes the size of a cigar you can fill with beads and leave those next to your ciagrs, but I had nothing but trouble with those things leaving broken pieces of beads all over my sticks.  The mesh bags have much smaller holes, and I haven't noticed the bead "dust" with them.  Still probably wouldn't though.

I have a few bags of Heartfelt beads that I use to augment the Hydra in my tower. I put them on the bottom of the shelves. I have lots of room so I don't have to have any sticks touching the bags. If I had space issues, I would rig up something impermeable to lay under or on top of the bags so my sticks couldn't come in contact with them..

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

Camshaft83

Just bought a lb of 65rh to put in my coolidor I'm getting ready to make. Hope they work as good as advertised.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.