1000 ct Humidor

Started by LawDaddy, 01/16/2014 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDaddy

Anyone have experience with this model?  It doesn't look like it can really hold 1000 sticks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141064939392?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Cfickter

Is this the same one?  Half the price. But it also says 1000 ct http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_cabinet-humidors_HUM-1200M.html
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

Mine is 6 foot tall, has twice as many shelves, and is rated for 1,000 cigars (I have 850 in it, and it is pretty full)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

tvolball

QuoteCfickter - 1/16/2014  4:54 PM

Is this the same one?  Half the price. But it also says 1000 ct http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_cabinet-humidors_HUM-1200M.html

The one he found has a humidifier with it.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

LawDaddy

QuoteCfickter - 1/16/2014  2:54 PM

It certainly looks the same.  I don't see how 1000 cigars fit into 23" W x 17" D x 35" H

Cfickter

I am sure the assumption is that they are all smaller cigars. It might hold 1000 coronas but not 1000 Churchills. I'm sure Jackal has a variety of sizes and he said he is near max at 850.

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Joelala

Maybe if you remove all the shelves and just stack cigars on top of each other. :-0  :-0  :-0
Joe

Cfickter

Quotetvolball - 1/16/2014  4:57 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 1/16/2014  4:54 PM  Is this the same one?  Half the price. But it also says 1000 ct http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_cabinet-humidors_HUM-1200M.html
The one he found has a humidifier with it.

I didn't make that connection. I don't know much if anything about these larger units. Would that make up the $350 difference?

conditionZero

QuoteJoelala - 1/16/2014  4:04 PM  Maybe if you remove all the shelves and just stack cigars on top of each other. :-0  :-0  :-0

That sounds about right. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

cavenbk

I'm wondering if someone didn't mistakenly hit an extra zero and it should have been 100 ct?!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

sjn1117

They never hold the amount they claim.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Ted

I wouldn't guess more than 300 in that thing.  Stuffed.  And I prefer smaller sizes like coronas.

BewareDaPenguin

Maybe around 500 stacked...didn't see the dimensions but with 3 shelves that sounds about right.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ThinBlueLine

I have that identical one. It held pretty damn close. Had a lot of boxes and 3 trays filled with singles. If I had to guess it was around 700 to 800. 
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

ThinBlueLine

I wish I would've counted them before I transferred over to the large tower. It's quite deceiving and holds more than what you think and it's a great humidor.  I did add some foam strip insulation and always kept it locked for a better seal. The magnets didn't hold the door as right as I liked but locking it sure did. Right now it's holding all my damaged cigars from the Xmas eve disaster :-(

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/16/2014  6:01 PM

I wish I would've counted them before I transferred over to the large tower. It's quite deceiving and holds more than what you think and it's a great humidor.  I did add some foam strip insulation and always kept it locked for a better seal. The magnets didn't hold the door as right as I liked but locking it sure did. Right now it's holding all my damaged cigars from the Xmas eve disaster :-(

OHHHH NOOOO...XMAS EVE disaster???  :-0
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Ted

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/16/2014  5:01 PM  I wish I would've counted them before I transferred over to the large tower. It's quite deceiving and holds more than what you think and it's a great humidor.  I did add some foam strip insulation and always kept it locked for a better seal. The magnets didn't hold the door as right as I liked but locking it sure did. Right now it's holding all my damaged cigars from the Xmas eve disaster :-(

Really?  It looks awfully small! Never would have guessed it.

ThinBlueLine

No BS here Ted...word is bond

LawDaddy

Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.

Ted

QuoteThinBlueLine - 1/16/2014  5:18 PM  No BS here Ted...word is bond

It just looks so small!  They should add some props to the photos to give a better size perspective or something.  It looks nice, and the stats say it has two outlets, but it just looks so small!!!

:-0  

EDIT:

And no, that's NOT what she said.

kxthor911

Tampahumidors.com has that same one for 400 :)... without the hydra though.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

FNA

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown.  That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).  

Jackal says: "Mine is 6 foot tall, has twice as many shelves, and is rated for 1,000 cigars (I have 850 in it, and it is pretty full)."

Most 6 footers claim capacity of 3,000.  Why do you have such a small one, smaller than normal at any rate?

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014  11:26 AM

23 x 17 x 35 are the dimensions for the unit shown.  That is very close to half size of many 3,000 clamied capacity towers (same depth and width, a little less than half height).  

Jackal says: "Mine is 6 foot tall, has twice as many shelves, and is rated for 1,000 cigars (I have 850 in it, and it is pretty full)."

Most 6 footers claim capacity of 3,000.  Why do you have such a small one, smaller than normal at any rate?

Still hanging around being confrontational, huh?
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

LawDaddy

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 2/12/2014  12:51 PM

QuoteFNA - 2/12/2014  11:26 AM

Still hanging around being confrontational, huh?

He does like to bitch and moan, doesn't he?

lubrix

FNA's upset cause he ordered the red leather thong and they sent him the black one instead!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.