Ditka Throwback Coffins. Strong scent?

Started by The Burn Ward, 01/28/2014 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burn Ward

Does anyone keep these in the coffin? The coffins and box have a very pungent cedar aroma more so than the average cedar boxes. I noticed after letting the cigars rest for a while the cigar had picked up more of the aroma being let off by the coffin. For those of you that have these, can you tell how strong the scent is? I've compared the scent to other coffins and the Ditkas have a very dominant smell so I'm wondering if the wood was treated with something or maybe it's not spanish cedar?

Jackal

The smell is from the pieces of Mike's unwashed jersey that they use to line the coffins.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

cavenbk

I have two of them, but I took them out of the coffins once I got them and threw the coffins out. Sorry not much help here.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

styxxx

Styxx,

If you win say nothing,if you lose say less.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=styxxx

vw77guy

I have all four of them.  Took them out of the coffins and have them in a humi mostly by themselves.  They don't smell too cedary!  I'd take them out if you think it's an issue.

The Burn Ward

QuoteJackal - 1/28/2014  6:58 PM

The smell is from the pieces of Mike's unwashed jersey that they use to line the coffins.

I contacted Camacho asking them if that was the case :shy: We'll see what they say. I've grown to dislike the smell of the Chests they came in and the coffins themselves are quite noxious. It was more apparent the cigar had been affected but was still rather enjoyable. Is there a possibility the cedar was not completely dried (natural oils still present) before using it for boxes/coffins? There is an abundance of sawdust in these things as well which can't be good.

1029henry

Da smell is Coach Ditka's styling mousse...a smell that can cure malaria and end our dependence on foreign oil. By da way....if Coach Ditka played against both teams single-handedly in the upcoming Superbowl, the score would be 117-Zip, Ditka.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Jim1

Quote1029henry - 1/28/2014  9:46 PM  Da smell is Coach Ditka's styling mousse...a smell that can cure malaria and end our dependence on foreign oil. By da way....if Coach Ditka played against both teams single-handedly in the upcoming Superbowl, the score would be 117-Zip, Ditka.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  LOL   @ Dave......."da Bears." 

Life itself is a strange thing.....it is what it is.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

mike46

Quote1029henry - 1/28/2014  6:46 PM

Da smell is Coach Ditka's styling mousse...a smell that can cure malaria and end our dependence on foreign oil. By da way....if Coach Ditka played against both teams single-handedly in the upcoming Superbowl, the score would be 117-Zip, Ditka.

That would be an interesting game, I'm assuming you meant as a player and not as a coach.  So one guy vs 22 on the field at once, he must've been more than great to win that contest.  Surprising as it might be though, he coaching winning % age in the NFL (0.560) leaves him far short of even the top 25 coaches ever.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-winningest-coaches-nfl-history/6551/

LawDaddy

Blasphemy!  That's like admitting that Chuck Norris is a washed-up, arthritic, wrinkly septuagenarian.  (Or that his real name is Carlos)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.