Best Cigar Prices

Started by conditionZero, 02/07/2014 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conditionZero

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Joelala

I have seen the logo a lot but never ordered from them
Joe

nwb

Never bought from them, either. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

The Burn Ward

They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

nwb

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2014  2:17 PM

They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

Hmmmm, "New Global Marketing" seems familiar.  I might have bought from them before and just didn't remember.

I love how the big cigar retailers do that.  CI Fulfillment, New Global Marketing, FSS, etc. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

I buy from them on occasion......They are pretty quick with shipping although, their prices are normally high. They just happen to carry a couple sticks I like that are exclusive to them.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

conditionZero

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2014  1:17 PM  They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

Thanks Jared, that's what I needed to know. Although, any package I get WILL be open by the time I get home. Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

conditionZero

QuoteVroomp - 2/7/2014  2:04 PM  I buy from them on occasion......They are pretty quick with shipping although, their prices are normally high. They just happen to carry a couple sticks I like that are exclusive to them.

They actually have something that I want that is listed much cheaper than anyone else, and everyone else I've seen is out of stock. That's what had me concerned. 

--JOE--

StogieDad

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:32 PM
Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

:lmao:

Now that is one way to handle that!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

I checked a few of the regulars I buy and the prices were either on par or just a bit less.  Not too bad.  Didn't carry a couple of the main ones I like, like the 601 La Bomba and Nica Rustica, but plenty of others to choose from !
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:34 PM
They actually have something that I want that is listed much cheaper than anyone else, and everyone else I've seen is out of stock. That's what had me concerned.

After you place your order, please share the "deal". :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

I've ordered from them before...they are on my "check list" as they have specials that are really good and beat the competition pretty handily but as with everything...it's all about what cigars you like.  Check with them before ordering your usual and sometimes their prices are pretty good.

conditionZero

Quotenwb - 2/7/2014  2:50 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:34 PM They actually have something that I want that is listed much cheaper than anyone else, and everyone else I've seen is out of stock. That's what had me concerned.
After you place your order, please share the "deal". :biggrin:

I'll share it now. The have La Palina Foldie #5's for $145/box. I haven't seen them priced any better, and can't find anyone else who has them at all anymore. Unless one of you guys can steer me to a better deal?

--JOE--

Jackal

Prices aren't always the best, but they have some things that others don't and the occasional really good price.  Used them a few times, never any issues.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 2/7/2014  4:02 PM

Prices aren't always the best, but they have some things that others don't and the occasional really good price.  Used them a few times, never any issues.

^ I agree mostly with this.  Have ordered from them 4 times over the past few years. However, I did have an issue once on an order where an HTF cigar showed "in stock", but two weeks after the order I still hadn't received it.  Was told throughout that time that "it was being shipped".  I finally called to cancel the order, and then they told me they couldn't because, you guessed it, "it was already being shipped."  A week later, still no package and no tracking, and I called and demanded it be cancelled.  I haven't done business with them since.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

conditionZero

QuoteBrlesq - 2/7/2014  3:52 PM  
QuoteJackal - 2/7/2014  4:02 PM  Prices aren't always the best, but they have some things that others don't and the occasional really good price.  Used them a few times, never any issues.
^ I agree mostly with this.  Have ordered from them 4 times over the past few years. However, I did have an issue once on an order where an HTF cigar showed "in stock", but two weeks after the order I still hadn't received it.  Was told throughout that time that "it was being shipped".  I finally called to cancel the order, and then they told me they couldn't because, you guessed it, "it was already being shipped."  A week later, still no package and no tracking, and I called and demanded it be cancelled.  I haven't done business with them since.

I was worried about something like that happening since everyone else seems to be out of them. I called them before placing an order and they confirmed that they had them in stock. 

--JOE--

Joelala

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  3:32 PM
Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

Man thats pretty awesome!!!!! :cheer:
Joe

conditionZero

Dang, I already got a UPS Ship Confirmation email w/ tracking number. Pretty good so far, I would say.
--JOE--

Brlesq

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  5:28 PM

Dang, I already got a UPS Ship Confirmation email w/ tracking number. Pretty good so far, I would say.

Hope that works out for you, Joe.  Mine could have been an isolated incident.  I had 3 buys from them before the last one that went off without a hitch.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cigary

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  4:54 PM  

QuoteBrlesq - 2/7/2014  3:52 PM  
QuoteJackal - 2/7/2014  4:02 PM  Prices aren't always the best, but they have some things that others don't and the occasional really good price.  Used them a few times, never any issues.

I was worried about something like that happening since everyone else seems to be out of them. I called them before placing an order and they confirmed that they had them in stock. 

This is something that probably needs to be shouted from the rooftops as far as ensuring that there is stock available before ordering.  I've ordered a ton of cigars off the Internet with good Vendors but have come upon this kind of deal where I've ordered...it says they have it in stock...then I being the wait and a week later I call and start to get the Representative from Hell who doesn't know anything and refers me to somebody else after being on hold and then I'm back to the beginning.  I know it seems like it's unnecessary to call before ordering but it will sure keep you from getting anxious when the order doesn't show up.  A lot of Vendors do not keep their stock updated for weeks at a time and that's when things get froggy....I know 4 great Vendors who continually show that their stock is there but when I call it seems that they aren't there and that's when I get the usual apology for not having their stock updated.....but at the end of the day what they do is they give me 10% off and free shipping so sometimes one can get a better deal just by ensuring a phone call is made and when they apologize then that's the time to seize your opportunity to ask for some kind of credit....usually works 9/10.

nwb

Thanks for sharing.  That seems to be a fair price.

Let us know how it goes!
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

I started out ordering cigar from them, and then I came here and learned of the "Devil site" and I haven't looked back.  Their customer service is really good, or at least it was in the past. On one occasion a humidor I had order there was a small nick in it and it was the last one, so they called me to ask if I wanted it at a discount (minimal) or to wait for another shipment to come in. I took the one at the small discount... you can't even see the nick unless you're searching for it.  The other time I had an issue with some beetles right after they the cigars arrived. They exchanged them out no problem and sent me a sampler in addition to the new cigars I order. They also assured me they checked the rest of their stock and isolated that brand of cigar. Their prices are fair to good depending on what you are looking for and their stock is pretty good.

What ever you're looking to order I say go for it. They're a good company.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

conditionZero

That's good to hear Bryan. I was afraid that as soon as I placed my order the horror stories would start showing up.
--JOE--

williegstyles

QuoteconditionZero - 2/7/2014  2:32 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 2/7/2014  1:17 PM  They are legit. Ordered from them several times. Professionally packaged and shipped quick. Also on the package the sender is "New Global Marketing", so your wife won't suspect the package actually contains cigars :biggrin:  :smoker:

Thanks Jared, that's what I needed to know. Although, any package I get WILL be open by the time I get home. Cigars are okay, as long as they don't include an invoice. Right now, I have my wife under the impression that cigars run about 75-85 cents apiece.   :whistle:

Sounds like my wife!!! Years ago when I was ordering a ton of ISOMS I would have them delivered to my office.
Gregory

conditionZero

Update on this.

My Goldies arrived today. The first thing that I noticed was that a "Best Cigar Prices" sticker was placed over the box numbering. Upon removal, which was NOT easy, I found the numbering had been sanded off entirely. There's also no signature on the box. Also, three of the fan cap was broken off of three of them.

They tell me that they had to remove the box numbering because they buy them from a third party, and that it's required. I'm not sure why that would be required, regardless of from whom they were bought, but I was assured they were not seconds.

I realize the box is not the most important thing, but I'm not gonna kid 'ya, I'm not too happy. I was actually going to pay more to get them from Serious, because I was leery of the low price, but Serious sold out before I was able to pull the trigger.

It also concerns me that some unknown "third party" may not have stored them properly. It seems to me they would have had to have been pretty dry for the caps to break off while in the box. (The broken off caps are still in the box.)

What do you guys think? I'm considering returning them. 

--JOE--

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.