One month later!

Started by Duker511, 06/02/2009 07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

Last month I was gifted a couple great pipes by Dennis (Mountedshriner), one was a brand new Turkish Meerschaum. As many of you know Meers color as they are smoked, they go from a pinkish hue to a golden brown and eventually to near black. This color change takes many years of smoking. I cant wait many years so I smoke the crap out of it (10 times a day). In the picture below it shows one month of smoking, the pipe looks brown but in real life its pinkish. I have shown several people that have smoked meers for many years and they cant believe how much its colored, they also usually color from the stem forward, mine is coloring all together.....very cool IMO.

Here it is new:

Photobucket

Here it is after one month of smoking:

Photobucket
Tim

Aequitas86

Very nice. I should get a new pipe. Prolly a briar though. I am kinda poor and dont think I can afford a spiffy one that changes color.  :shades:
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

mattmancool34

i wish i had a good pipe my roommate in college broke my old one  :sad:  it was a very  :cry: day and now i have over a pound of pipe tobacco with no pipe ahhhhhhh...... i guess ill save up some money this summer.

mattmancool34

o and btw that pipe looks beautiful

Hot Stuff x

Very nice, quite a transformation
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

mountedshriner

Duker!! That pipe looks fantastic!! You must be working on your second set of lungs to have aged it so well in such a short time! Really, it looks spectacular. Glad you are enjoying it. Right on TIM. :dancing:  :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Duker511

Cough, cough, its not so bad......cough....I only...cough....smoke it about....cough....10 times a day....cough!! Anyways, yes I am enjoying it alot, I told you Id smoke it like it was meant to be. Thanks again Dennis.  :biggrin:
Tim

stogie_foggie

Random question.... did you get the box that the pipe is on from the Bahamas?
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

gitfiddl

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/3/2009  10:26 AM

I don't know about his, but the boxes like that that the ex got in the divorce were picked up on a trip to S Florida.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

stogie_foggie

Quotegitfiddl - 6/3/2009  9:23 AM

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/3/2009  10:26 AM

I don't know about his, but the boxes like that that the ex got in the divorce were picked up on a trip to S Florida.

That's why I asked - my wife got a bunch in our last trip to the Bahamas.  Must be a regional thing.  They actually are pretty nice - mahogany with metal inlay.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Duker511

We got the box from our friends in Florida that live on a boat and go to the Bahamas often, nice call Stogie !!  This one has seashell inlay we were told, very cool.
Tim

gitfiddl

Gorgeous pipe!  It makes me want to try to find my box of pipes that's somewhere around here.  I bought a block of Meerschaum from Edwards years ago with the intention of making my Dad a Father's Day present.  I didn't get too far with it, but I was only 11 or 12.  I felt guilty, you see, because in an effort to help Mom clean up the house for Dad's return from a Med cruise, I decided I'd try to clean all the brown gunk off of what was once a white pipe...   :-0  :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Twinky

That pipe is beautiful. Ive got to get one of those.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Rebecca Silverwolf

Very nice pipe indeed.  :shades:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

ljlemer

QuoteAequitas86 - 6/2/2009  8:28 PM

Very nice. I should get a new pipe. Prolly a briar though. I am kinda poor and dont think I can afford a spiffy one that changes color.  :shades:

Cheap corncob pipes beat briar anyday.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotemattmancool34 - 6/2/2009  8:39 PM

i wish i had a good pipe my roommate in college broke my old one  :sad:  it was a very  :cry: day and now i have over a pound of pipe tobacco with no pipe ahhhhhhh...... i guess ill save up some money this summer.

You can't afford a $5 corncob pipe and some cheap pipe filters?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Twinky

Its been awhile, how is the pipe looking now Tim?
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

DonM

Thats a really cool looking pipe, I like it!

"The Curmudgeon"

Anthony

Very nice pipe, and nice work on the accelerated aging.  :biggrin:
_____

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.