Wishlist PIF Chapter 5

Started by Jackal, 02/10/2014 10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

I am starting this chapter of the PIF off with a repost of Brad's excellent write up.

Here's a little primer on what a cigar PIF is and how they work. Feel free to add and edit - perhaps this can be posted on the appropriate forum/threads for the members of this site.

PIF stands for "Pay It Forward."

Geeks earn the right to become the recipient of a PIF by first Paying it Forward.

The Geek in play will post a list or give the rest of the community some general ideas of the cigars they like.

If you can fulfill at least a couple of the cigars on the list, then you can post on the thread that you'd like to do so. It is customary to send at least a five pack of cigars.

Only one person can fulfill a PIF at any given time, so pay attention to the interactions on the thread to ensure you're not stepping on someone who has already offered to Pay It Forward.

You should send your cigars to the recipient in a reasonable amount of time. This is typically within 3 business days. You should post the tracking number on the thread after you've sent the package.

The recipient of the PIF then posts an acknowledgement that they received their cigars (usually accompanied by a photo). You should put these posts on the PIF thread with one exception: If the PIF you received had ISOM's, post a picture of the PIF without ISOM's on the PIF thread and then use the ISOM forum to share a photo of all cigars.

After the acknowledgement has been posted, the Geek who fulfilled the PIF can then post their list. If no one picks up your list after several days, you may need to expand your list in order to get someone to Pay It Forward.

Finally, there can be different themes for a PIF. For example, the PIF on this forum entitled Wish List PIF focuses on fulfilling other peoples cigar Wish Lists that contain harder to find, limited edition cigars. Alternatively, the Ordinary Average Guy PIF focuses on good quality cigars but ones that are more readily available.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Jackal

On our previous episode of PIF

Jackal

Jackal's Wishlist:

Any LE or Regional ISOM
7-20-4 Hustler or Spider
Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva No.77 Sand Shark
Arturo Fuente Casa Fuente
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edición de Aniversario
Arturo Fuente Magnum R (Rosado Sungrown)
Ashton VSG Estate Reserve
Atabey - Any
Bolivar (Cuban) Coronas Grandes (6.375 x 46, CUB)
Bolivar (Cuban) Lonsdale (6.5 x 42, CUB)
Byron
Cabaiguan WCD 120 or Redux
Camacho Liberty 2012
Cohiba (Cuban) Behike
Cohiba (Cuban) Gran Reserva (2009) Siglo VI (5.9 x 52, CUB)
Cohiba (Cuban) Maduro 5 Magicos (4.87 x 50, CUB)
Cohiba (Cuban) 1966
W. Curtis Draper Any Exclusive
Curivari Buena Ventura
Curivari El Gran Rey
Curivari Reserva Limitada café
Davidoff Gran Cru
Davidoff Limited Edition 2006 100th
Davidioff Year of the ...
Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Pyramid
Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion (old or new blend)
Don Pepin 10th Anniversary Limited Edition
Drew Estate Liga Privada T52 "Flying Pig"
Drew Estate Unico (any)
El Rey del Mundo (Cuban) Panetela Largas
El Titan de Bronze Gold or Redemption
Federal Cigar Exclusive any
Fernando Leon Family
George Rico STK
God of Fire Don Carlos
Graycliff 30 Year Vintage
Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru (Purple Label)
Headley Grange any, but drumstick would be really cool
Illusione Burn Robusto
Illusione Singulare
Illusione Ultra
JD Howard HR46
La Flor Dominicana Culebra Lanceros
La Flor Dominicana Limitado (any)
La Flor Dominicana Limited Face Off By Camacho
La Flor Dominicana Outlaw
La Flor Dominicana Icepick
La Palina Family, Goldie, or Mr Sam
Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch
Litto Gomez Vintage
Montecristo Cigare Des Artes Le Grand Delacroix (tubo) (7 x 50, DR)
Nat Sherman Timeless (MATASA)
Opus X Forbidden X
Opus X Destino Al Siglo
Any unusual Opus X
Padilla Vintage Reserve
Padron 1926 80th
Partagas 150, 160
Partagas Beji Memendez Master Series
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio
Puroexpress Bespoke Languito No.5
Quesada Espana
Stradivarius Any
Tatuaje Anarchy
Tatuaje Monster Series: The Frank (7.63 x 49, NIC)
Trinidad (Cuban) Robusto Extra (6.12 x 50, CUB)
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro or Unicos
Viaje (too many to list)
Zino Platinum

nwb

Been a while, so I'll get this one.

I'll attempt to get it put together this evening and out before the winter storm hits.  If I can't, it will go out later this week.  That work?
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

Thanks Nathan.  :thanx:

That was a lightning fast pick up.

nwb

QuoteJackal - 2/10/2014  2:02 PM

No problem.  You have to be fast these days with these PIFs.
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenwb - 2/10/2014  1:08 PM

QuoteJackal - 2/10/2014  2:02 PM

No problem.  You have to be fast these days with these PIFs.

For sure u do!!! N jackal hit me w a nice one! Good pick-up!  :bigthumbs:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

johncw

Quotenwb - 2/10/2014  12:29 PM

Been a while, so I'll get this one.

I'll attempt to get it put together this evening and out before the winter storm hits.  If I can't, it will go out later this week.  That work?

Nice pick up... I thought about it but didn't think I could do this justice quite yet.

Longhorn

I think Ill add a few of those to my wish list too... always fun to see some of the more experienced Geeks posts their lists - a bit humbling!  :-)

nwb

Package going out in the morning:

9405 9036 9930 0122 3611 78

Enjoy!
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

This may hold the record for quickest pick up and quickest ship of a PIF.   :thanx:

IndyGopher

:bigthumbs:   Wow...that's how it's done, folks!

williegstyles

WTH...I've been waiting on Jackal to post his list in the original thread PIF 4!!!! Maan, you guys shake things up quickly. I feel like I need a tutorial from the Intro page...forward.
Gregory

Longhorn

Quotewilliegstyles - 2/12/2014  9:48 PM

WTH...I've been waiting on Jackal to post his list in the original thread PIF 4!!!! Maan, you guys shake things up quickly. I feel like I need a tutorial from the Intro page...forward.

:lmao:  There's no way you could have gotten to it ahead of Nathan.  He picked it up faster than a $100 spot on a Vegas poker table!  :lmao:  

Keep an eye in Nathan's posts now... He's equally as fun and challenging to pick up!

williegstyles

So, I noticed!!! I either need to get an "app" for this site or just put in a "blind" bid for a PIF like I did unknowingly in the PIF4. LOL. The crazy part is that you guys had me concerned BUT there were several sticks I could've covered with ease in his list. Soooo, I wait once again. Just let me know if we're going to be creating a PIF6. LOL.

QuoteLonghorn - 2/12/2014  8:52 PM

Quotewilliegstyles - 2/12/2014  9:48 PM

:lmao:  There's no way you could have gotten to it ahead of Nathan.  He picked it up faster than a $100 spot on a Vegas poker table!  :lmao:  

Keep an eye in Nathan's posts now... He's equally as fun and challenging to pick up!
Gregory

StogieDad

Don't you fret, Nathan's list will be PLENTY fun!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nwb

We usually refresh the threads when they get too long (700-800) posts.

This has been moving pretty quickly.  Patience, you'll get a chance soon. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

williegstyles

"Patience"??? Is that a new cigar??? LOL
Gregory

Jackal

Quotenwb - 2/12/2014  7:40 PM

We usually refresh the threads when they get too long (700-800) posts.

This has been moving pretty quickly.  Patience, you'll get a chance soon. :biggrin:

This one was getting up there in length.  Also, I wanted a place to post the rules that Brad had written up where everyone could easily find them.

Jackal

Post office is taking their sweet time with this package.  Was supposed to be here yesterday.  Still somewhere in Limbo.

Handlera

Jackal,

I was just at Nat Sherman in NYC and picked up some La Flor Dominicana Limidato V, Litto Gomez, and Nat Sherman Timeless. All great smokes. If I'd seen this post, I would have picked up some extras for you.  Next time.

Longhorn

QuoteJackal - 2/14/2014  7:03 PM

Post office is taking their sweet time with this package.  Was supposed to be here yesterday.  Still somewhere in Limbo.

Weather... many of the hubs and transportation lanes in/out of the SE were impacted by the recent ice/snow storms.

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 2/14/2014  7:49 PM

Weather... many of the hubs and transportation lanes in/out of the SE were impacted by the recent ice/snow storms.

That is exactly right.  The packages I sent out on Monday all escaped the city, but the ones I dropped off Tuesday weren't so lucky.

Today was the first day we received mail since Monday.....
Chief of Shaft

williegstyles

QuoteLonghorn - 2/14/2014  6:49 PM

At least they have something to blame it on "this time".
Gregory

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.