Humidor Supreme?

Started by 17leaves, 02/23/2014 02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

17leaves

I was at a B&M yesterday and saw a nice looking humidor (100ct. I think) for $50. It's made by Humidor Supreme and, while it was tempting, I thought I'd hold off and look for some advice. Their site is www.humidorsupreme.com but the one I looked at isn't listed. So, should I avoid it like the plague or is it a good deal?

Newbhunter

Never heard of em. But 100ct is rather small, is be looking into something bigger, you'll need plenty more room sooner than you think, especially if your hangin out round here...  ;-)

Vroomp

I have one that was given to me so,, it came used and it looses humidity quite quickly in winter but, works fine in the summer months. I don't keep anything expensive in it. It's a HS Limited Edition by the way.....
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

The best humidor I've ever had was a black Humidor Supreme.  It had a great seal.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

The best advice I can give anybody in the market for a humidor....buy as big as you can afford and even then you'll wish you got a bigger one.

conditionZero

QuoteCigary - 2/23/2014  5:54 PM  The best advice I can give anybody in the market for a humidor....buy as big as you can afford and even then you'll wish you got a bigger one.

Especially if you hang around here.

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

17leaves

Thanks guys, I already have two 2.5 gallon tupperdors and a 50 count humidor that are full (thanks to a trip to CI in Hamburg). It seemed like it was too good of a deal to pass up on. I went back and upon closer inspection I'll pass. There was what looked like dried glue in one of the corners. It may be nothing but I don't want to chance it.

17leaves

QuoteconditionZero - 2/23/2014  7:33 PM

QuoteCigary - 2/23/2014  5:54 PM  The best advice I can give anybody in the market for a humidor....buy as big as you can afford and even then you'll wish you got a bigger one.

Especially if you hang around here.

Oh, I know. I think I've doubled what I had when I first came here :smoker:

Cigary

Quote17leaves - 2/23/2014 7:42 PM Thanks guys, I already have two 2.5 gallon tupperdors and a 50 count humidor that are full (thanks to a trip to CI in Hamburg). It seemed like it was too good of a deal to pass up on. I went back and upon closer inspection I'll pass. There was what looked like dried glue in one of the corners. It may be nothing but I don't want to chance it.

I have 6 of those RubberMaid 2.5 gallon tupperadors and they work just as good as any expensive humidor that I have...I have 4 of them that I paid $500 or more and wish I had the money back as they dont keep my cigars any fresher than the RubberMaids.  If anything....just choose one really nice wood humidor for bragging rights and something to let others see....at the end of the day you only want the darn thing to work for less money than you want to pay.

17leaves

QuoteCigary - 2/23/2014  8:19 PM

I have 6 of those RubberMaid 2.5 gallon tupperadors and they work just as good as any expensive humidor that I have...I have 4 of them that I paid $500 or more and wish I had the money back as they dont keep my cigars any fresher than the RubberMaids.  If anything....just choose one really nice wood humidor for bragging rights and something to let others see....at the end of the day you only want the darn thing to work for less money than you want to pay.

You're right. I definitely have been getting more steady RH with the RubberMaids than my humidor. I think I'll just invest in some more RubberMaids then. I'm beginning to feel like a hoarder.  :biggrin:

ntanner

Bigger is deffinantly better when it comes to humidors.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Rbrushaber

QuoteCigary - 2/23/2014  8:19 PM

Quote17leaves - 2/23/2014 7:42 PM Thanks guys, I already have two 2.5 gallon tupperdors and a 50 count humidor that are full (thanks to a trip to CI in Hamburg). It seemed like it was too good of a deal to pass up on. I went back and upon closer inspection I'll pass. There was what looked like dried glue in one of the corners. It may be nothing but I don't want to chance it.

you are so correct...I have a huge colidor that has maintain perfect humidly (65%for long term) all winter long with no real fluctuations...my humidors on the other hand are horrid during the winter...paid way less for the cooler
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.