What kind of humidifier do you use in your humidor?

Started by hebron, 02/25/2014 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

I myself use Boveda packs. I tend to use the 69% pack for the winter season and 65% for summer.

I have replaced the humidifier that came with the humidor for a dual Boveda pack holder:

I have a Adorini Chianti Medium Deluxe humidor:

What do you use, and what is your experience with it?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Otter

I use beads with distilled water, I used to use PG solution but I have found that the beads and DW work just fine. I do use Boveda in my travel humidors. Where does the Boveda sit in that humidor? I am guessing in the back.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

hebron

QuoteOtter - 2/25/2014  12:31 PM

I use beads with distilled water, I used to use PG solution but I have found that the beads and DW work just fine. I do use Boveda in my travel humidors. Where does the Boveda sit in that humidor? I am guessing in the back.

Yes, the Boveda holder sits on the back wall, behind the drawers. I also used to use PG solution but found it more difficult to keep a steady humidity, and to remember to not let the sponge dry out :p
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Ken Kelley

I'm fairly low tech in my approach. I use either 65% Heartfelt beads or Exquisicat kitty litter from PetSmart with distilled water. Cheap and effective. That 8-pound jug of KL will satisfy my needs for the foreseeable future.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

BewareDaPenguin

Jackal??! Lol....I went 2 an active system with an oasis XL plus when I got an aging table n it seems to be working quite well, I do use beads on each shelf to help release or absorb as needed and everything seems to be working very well. I keep a hygrometer on top and bottom to make sure there's consistency as well. But there's a lot of knowledgable ppl on here, but I'm sure they would all say if it ain't broke don't fix it either!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

DonM

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 2/25/2014  7:13 AM

there's a lot of knowledgable ppl on here, but I'm sure they would all say if it ain't broke don't fix it either!

And that is why I use the beads

"The Curmudgeon"

Newbhunter

Beads all the way, 1.5lbs in a 350stick humidor. It's overkill in terms of beads to space, but its working a-ok throughout the winter, we'll see how this holds up in the summer...

Joelala

I used to use heartfelt beads too, not I use Kitty Litter.
Joe

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

hebron

QuoteThinBlueLine - 2/25/2014  3:36 PM

Accumonitor

Holy hell! That looks awesome  :bigthumbs:
- Thomas

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

Most Heartfelt but in winter adjust with distilled water only when needed
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

I use a combo system of Boveda along with a Water/PG puck on my smaller humidors and an active (Hydra) in my big humidor along with Boveda packs scattered throughout to mitigate any high humidity zones caused by poor air flow.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ntanner

I have an active system that was built into the humidor but I also have some of the jell jars to supplement, especially since it is so dry here all the time.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.