Humidor Feedback

Started by Foubou05, 02/27/2014 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foubou05

Looking to purchase a humidor that can hold 100-150 cigars with a budget of no more than 200$.  I shopped on cheaphumidors.com and other cigar shop sites but there are so many choices and don't want to make the mistake of buying a bad humidor with poor seal.

Any suggestions on good humidors?  Or ones to stay away from?
Thanks a bunch!

Newbhunter

made my own for about the same price. And could have made it 3x bigger for hardly 30$ more...  thats not a bad avenue either, and its a fun project...

The Burn Ward

Check the seal when you get it. If it's good keep it and if it's bad return it.

LawDaddy

Treasure Dome.  Can usually get for under $120 on the bidding sites or on special.

nwb

Do you want an actual humidor for display?  If the storage is all you need, you can set up a very large coolidor for less than $200.
Chief of Shaft

Mautrak

Pascal, welcome to the site.  Head over to the newbie intro forum and introduce yourself at http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?board=43.0

In the meantime, spending that much money should get you a good humidor online.  Find one that looks good to you from a reputable site, and if it doesn't seal well upon receipt, send it back.

nirab

I picked up one of these for $140+ freight on the devil site. Works great, and holds a good amount of sticks. Of course, I already need a bigger humi, but that's how this obsession works!  :biggrin:

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1694533/Indulgence-Table-Humidor-500-Capacity/
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

I have several of the Man O' War 100 count. I have gotten them for under $50 at times on CBid. Great seal. No issues at all
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Foubou05

Yes more for display.  I like the look of them in my man cave.  Gives it a neat look.  I am not counting out the coolidor for more space but they look more complicated to setup + i am not really there yet in terms of # of cigars in stock.  I generally average 50-75 in stock so the coolidor may be too big for the cigars i keep.

Foubou05

Quotenwb - 2/27/2014  12:19 PM

Do you want an actual humidor for display?  If the storage is all you need, you can set up a very large coolidor for less than $200.

Yes more for display. I like the look of them in my man cave. Gives it a neat look. I am not counting out the coolidor for more space but they look more complicated to setup + i am not really there yet in terms of # of cigars in stock. I generally average 50-75 in stock so the coolidor may be too big for the cigars i keep.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tvolball

I have a treasure dome and its an excellent humidor. I have least 225 in it now
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.