Site slow and unstable?

Started by hebron, 03/01/2014 04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

The site seems quite slow and unstable from here I am sitting. Takes a while to load, especially the front page. Sometimes it times out completely, other times it gives an 404 or 503 error message.
 :?:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

DonM

Appears to be a server problem, I am sure the admins are already on it

"The Curmudgeon"

hebron

QuoteDonM - 3/1/2014  2:43 PM

Appears to be a server problem, I am sure the admins are already on it

Guess so, they seem to have a quick response time  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Newbhunter

Ya I have the same problem, I only assumed it was maintenance and it's come back up again later. The guys who run this site are really good, so if it is an actual problem, I'm sure it'll be worked out pronto! We just have to be patient, and greatful to our amazing admins.

SenorPablo

I'm on with the hosting guys now.  It is definitely slow this morning.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

hebron

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/1/2014  2:55 PM

-Paul

:bow:
- Thomas

SenorPablo

Ok.  So it appears that the server is under a DDOS attack.  The hosting guys moved it behind a packet filtering device which will make it slow for awhile until they can block the attack.  Go figure.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/1/2014  7:55 AM

-Paul

Thanks  

I need my Geek fix this morning LOL :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

Quotehebron - 3/1/2014  7:59 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/1/2014  2:55 PM

-Paul

:bow:

x2 I need my fix as well LOL...thanks Paul!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Rhall

well that explains everything. people that do those attacks are asshats
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Ken Kelley

QuoteSenorPablo - 2/28/2014  9:30 PM

Ok.  So it appears that the server is under a DDOS attack.  The hosting guys moved it behind a packet filtering device which will make it slow for awhile until they can block the attack.  Go figure.

-Paul

I'm guessing it will get fixed soon. Took me about 45 minutes to get to the point of posting this.
Must be them rabid anti-smokers behind all this!  :mad:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Cfickter

Being attacked by the same people who had "Silent Cheer Day" where parent couldn't cheer out loud for their kids, or the A Holes in California who wouldn't allow students to wear US flag shirts on Cinco De Mayo day because we might insult the illegal aliens who are hear sucking up my tax dollars, and it goes on and on!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

Tried to get on since 7am.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Caveman Steve

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/1/2014  9:30 AM  Ok.  So it appears that the server is under a DDOS attack.  The hosting guys moved it behind a packet filtering device which will make it slow for awhile until they can block the attack.  Go figure.  -Paul

Just curious, but what exactly is a DDOS attack.  I have no idea. 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

hebron

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/1/2014  9:22 PM

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/1/2014  9:30 AM  Ok.  So it appears that the server is under a DDOS attack.  The hosting guys moved it behind a packet filtering device which will make it slow for awhile until they can block the attack.  Go figure.  -Paul

Just curious, but what exactly is a DDOS attack.  I have no idea. 

Short version, send so many requests to a server that it overloads and is unable to respond to them all...
- Thomas

Ken Kelley

I'm still getting uneven results. Sometimes I can get on quickly and then the next time I try it takes forever to load.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ntanner

Ya and all the sudden I am getting pop up's sometimes when I try and switch pages. Paul will get it fixed im sure. He's the man.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Rhall

havent had any pop ups but it seems slower now that im at home and not at work using the pc. ( home internet is faster than at work)
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Otter

It's definitely painfully slow today...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ROTHNH

New server.  

Still some kinks to be ironed out, i.e., clicking on a member name to get their info.

sauraspop

Thought maybe something was wrong with my computer. Took me almost an hour to get to post this. Hope its back to normal soon. Need to post what StogieDad sent me in our trade. Maybe try tomorrow Michael.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

ROTHNH

Slowwwww .... need to give it a few days.  Paul's working on it ;-)

hebron

Very slow indeed, but I am still clicking; waiting... hoping...  :hypno:
- Thomas

LawDaddy

Man this is infuriating

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.