CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball League (Nkowal wins the league!!!)

Started by StogieDad, 03/11/2014 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

So my original post got eaten.  Please post here if you would like to play and I will again send out invites.

Easy, no pressure, fantasy baseball.  Put up a nice 10-pack, send out at the end of the season to the winners.  I will break it down into 2-3 places according to the number of Geeks that play.  You will only pay one 10-pack, and it will all be sent to one winner.

Post up, I will get this thing going!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Cfickter

I was wondering what happened!
I am in, thanks for setting up
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Please either post your email or PM it to me so I can send invite if you are interested.  Gonna be fun!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sherman

Longhorn

I love baseball, but have never played in a fantasy league - would like to also join!  Tomahawk time!

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 3/11/2014  1:23 PM

I love baseball, but have never played in a fantasy league - would like to also join!  Tomahawk time!

Who'd a thunk someone with such bad taste in a football team would have such good taste in baseball?

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Ok, team set up (I think).  I played plenty of fantasy football but this is my first baseball league.  This should be fun.

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

QuoteChrism305 - 3/11/2014  8:03 PM

I'm in.

Invite sent.

I need 3 more geeks to fill up the league, but I can accomadate more.  Anyone else wanna play?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

mess24

StogieDad

BTW, I assume you guys want to do an autopick draft?  Hard to get 10 guys together at the same time for a live draft.  That OK with everyone?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

One more?  At least one more gets us started, but room for more if you want!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 3/12/2014  11:44 AM

BTW, I assume you guys want to do an autopick draft?  Hard to get 10 guys together at the same time for a live draft.  That OK with everyone?

Autodraft is fine with me :bigthumbs:...and if the best player in baseball lands on my team, I will be one happy camper!!   :angel:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 3/13/2014  11:08 AM  
QuoteStogieDad - 3/12/2014  11:44 AM  BTW, I assume you guys want to do an autopick draft?  Hard to get 10 guys together at the same time for a live draft.  That OK with everyone?
Autodraft is fine with me :bigthumbs:...and if the best player in baseball lands on my team, I will be one happy camper!!   :angel:  :angel:

I am good with Autodraft also.

StogieDad

:bump:

Cmon Geeks, one more and we have a full league!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

conditionZero

QuoteStogieDad - 3/14/2014  8:41 AM  :bump:  Cmon Geeks, one more and we have a full league!

I guess I'll do it, so you can stop bugging us about it. :biggrin:  :biggrin:  

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

sjn1117

This is gonna be fun! Auto draft works for me.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cmmayo

Is it a completely offline draft? Or a live draft where the offline managers get picks off of their pre-ranked list? I ask because I'd do a live draft, but I hate the process of pre-ranking a list for an autodraft.

Let me know. Also let me know, obviously, if you have any spots left.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Also, which site (ESPN, CBS, Yahoo) and what style of play (Roto, Points).
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

StogieDad

Quotecmmayo - 3/14/2014  10:50 AM

Let me know. Also let me know, obviously, if you have any spots left.

I can add even numbers of teams, so if anyone else is in we can go to 12.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

It is ESPN, I think it will be Head to Head weekly, unless everyone wants to play Roto.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.