DryMist Gel Humidity Beads Tube

Started by hebron, 03/13/2014 04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

So, I just purchased some DryMist gel beads tubes to try out the beads you guys have been talking about.

Couple of questions; can they touch the cigars, like the Boveda packs? And can they be stored dry, and hydrated before use?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

DonM

I have never used those, but the ones I do use are here.  I am using the puck style:

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=65%25+Rh+Humidity+Beads

"The Curmudgeon"

hebron

QuoteDonM - 3/13/2014  1:06 PM

I have never used those, but the ones I do use are here.  I am using the puck style:

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=65%25+Rh+Humidity+Beads
Hm, those looks nice. And cheap shipping to Norway... I'm getting some of those for my next humidor :-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

benchjockey

I have tried the DryMist tubes and didn't find them at all effective.  The puck-shaped Heartfelt Beads would seem, to me, to be the better choice. For one thing, there is more surface area exposure of the beads.  Yes, they can be stored dry and hydrated before use.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

DonM

I Kind of did it bas ackwards, I had a lb of the beads so I swindled them into selling me 5 of the empty pucks.  I have 2 on the lid 2 in the bottom and 1 in the drawer of my 500 ct humidor, this one:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=114;u=1440&photoid=1240

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

I heave used and do use the tubes. But only for the 5 cigar and 15 cigar travel herfs I have and only over short time.  I have had good success on this limited usage.  Now these cigars are only in the travel herfs a very short time so I have not seen any lingering effects.  Yes the tube will touch the cigar but generally I try to put them next to cigars only that use cellos
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

If they are in contact with cigars for an extended period of time, the cigars will mold; I have experienced it first hand.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

hebron

QuoteCfickter - 3/13/2014  3:55 PM

I heave used and do use the tubes. But only for the 5 cigar and 15 cigar travel herfs I have and only over short time.  I have had good success on this limited usage.  Now these cigars are only in the travel herfs a very short time so I have not seen any lingering effects.  Yes the tube will touch the cigar but generally I try to put them next to cigars only that use cellos
That was my intended use for them :-)

Jason: Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind.
- Thomas

ntanner

Were I live The humidity is so low that the tubes are ineffective, I think mostly because of limited surface are in contact with the air. I usually use the old water pillows for my travel humi, but then again, as I said, it's very dry here.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.