Cigar.com Weekend Blitz - The Genesis Project

Started by Ken Kelley, 03/15/2014 05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

toby2

yup. I grabbed several boxes a few years back when they thought they were a flop and they went for $39 on sale with free shipping and a Xikar lighter  :smoker:

Caveman Steve

Wish I had a cigar budget right now. I'd jump all over it!

:-(  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/14/2014  9:17 PM

Wish I had a cigar budget right now. I'd jump all over it!

:-(  

Know what you mean. I splurged on a new shotgun a couple days ago then went back yesterday and bought a good bunch of Winchester GI buck shot loads so I can give it a work out this afternoon. Ah, well! You do what you have to do!  :biggrin:

DonM

Again, due to a previous event (my Wedding) I can't participate without repercussions.   :censored: Enablers

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

These are very nice smokes and a favorite of mine. Very good prices. Every once I. A while is see similar pricing on CI. Of course the timing vs the budget never works out
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

jdwaynes1980

It's crazy how much the price has gone up on these in a year. They used to go on sale for $39/box.
Roll Tide!

Cfickter

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 3/15/2014  9:54 AM  It's crazy how much the price has gone up on these in a year. They used to go on sale for $39/box.

Jeff, yeah, but even at $60 @ $3 for the Robusto per stick a great buy on this cigar

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

jdwaynes1980

Oh definitely. I'm just glad I got a box at $39.
Roll Tide!

Ken Kelley

QuoteDonM - 3/14/2014  9:38 PM

Again, due to a previous event (my Wedding) I can't participate without repercussions.   :censored: Enablers

Well, yeah, you do have to keep that other person in your house relatively happy I suppose...but, dang, how could anybody argue against getting some good cigars or a shotgun on sale for a ridiculous price? It works with shoes and skirts and blouses so why shouldn't the same reasoning apply for the important things in life?  :biggrin:

nwb

I must have been sleeping, because I never saw these at $40 a box.  I remember into-pricing being $60/box for the robustos, and they threw in a free lighter.

But I guess that is beside the point - this is still a good deal.  I'm stocked up at the moment on them, though.
Chief of Shaft

jdwaynes1980

Quotenwb - 3/15/2014  2:11 PM

I must have been sleeping, because I never saw these at $40 a box.  I remember into-pricing being $60/box for the robustos, and they threw in a free lighter.

But I guess that is beside the point - this is still a good deal.  I'm stocked up at the moment on them, though.

I believe it was when the Odyssey was released that CI had the Genesis for $39/box.
Roll Tide!

nwb

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 3/15/2014  2:14 PM
I believe it was when the Odyssey was released that CI had the Genesis for $39/box.

Ah, gotcha.  That makes more sense.  I remember when the Genesis were first released and wanting to try them, and I could have sworn they were $60/box.  When the Odyssey came along, I already had a couple of boxes of the Genesis, so I wouldn't have noticed.
Chief of Shaft

jdwaynes1980

I really like the Genesis, but hate the amount of brown stuff they get on my fingers, and lips.
Roll Tide!

nwb

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 3/15/2014  2:19 PM
I really like the Genesis, but hate the amount of brown stuff they get on my fingers, and lips.

You just set that up on a tee.....
Chief of Shaft

jdwaynes1980

Quotenwb - 3/15/2014  2:21 PM

lol
Roll Tide!

Ken Kelley

Quotenwb - 3/15/2014  2:21 AM

Wish you hadn't said that. Now "You Know Who" will be trying to get on the site to see if he can play a round of Geek Golf...if he's not distracted by yet another vacation!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.