Birthday Present

Started by Kman, 03/21/2014 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

Just got notice that my birthday present, aka new cabinet humidor with humidification, will arrive on Monday!! I just ordered the thing on Wednesday. I had no idea it would get here so quick. Very psyched!!! Pictures to follow once it arrives.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

toby2

BewareDaPenguin

Very cool! :thumbsup: now get to filling that thing up!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

StogieDad

Can't wait to see, sounds awesome!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Otter

Awesome present! Fill 'er up! ;-)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

PETE314

That is too awesome!!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Brlesq

So did you end up going with Tampa, Kerry?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

Very nice birthday gift, can't wait to see the pics
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

Looking forward to the pics, sound awesome
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Kman

QuoteBrlesq - 3/21/2014  3:05 PM  So did you end up going with Tampa, Kerry?

I did Bruce. He had just gotten in the new CigarOasis humidifiers as well and gave me a nice package on the whole thing considering shipping. 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

Nice!  Looking forward to the pictures.
Chief of Shaft

johncw

nirab

Congrats!  :biggrin: Next question...how long until you need another humi??  :angel:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Smurf

Awesome!! Looking fwd to the pics
orbis non sufficit

Ken Kelley

Birthday Presents are wonderful! I'm kind of ahead of myself on several of mine since I have been known to anticipate the actual event somewhat in advance on occasion. If I matched them all up I would be over 150 years old!  :biggrin:

Enjoy the new humidor!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ROTHNH

Congratulations and happy birthday!

Kman

Quotenirab - 3/21/2014  4:32 PM  Congrats!  :biggrin: Next question...how long until you need another humi??  :angel:  :shades:

It will probably take awhile... but not as long as I'd think if that makes any sense. If I emptied all of my various humidor/tupperdores and put the cigars in this one, it's supposedly only going to be about 1/3 full. That being said.... knowing I now have the room is probably going to begin a growth spurt. :Biggrin:

Longhorn

Can't wait to see the photos!

tvolball

Cool birthday preasent
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

hebron

That is awesome brother!  :bigthumbs:

But when it arrives:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Kman

Well it arrived today!!! Woo Hoo!! Got it together and am letting the humidification system do the seasoning. It looks really great and I'm very pleased so far. I got the brand new Cigar Oasis Magna humidification for it. Instead of using foam like the older versions, the Magna uses beads which should be great. There is supposed to be a Wifi module for it that is an optional accessory that lets you monitor the water level and humidity remotely. I called Cigar Oasis and they are saying it will be another 6-8 weeks before that piece is available, just in case you're wondering. Anyway, onto the pics....

The Burn Ward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.