Virtual Humidor Maintenance

Started by bmac7754, 03/29/2014 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

I don't know how many of you do this, but I got bored yesterday and spent about 5 hours separating my virtual humidor into the 10 humidors they are actually in.  I created new entries, numbered each humidor, and moved from the main list to where they are.  I find that when dealing with several hundred cigars trying to remember where they are is a real b#$ch, especially when picking cigars out for passes.

Now I always hit the "smoke one" button to remove it, but found myself missing almost 35 cigars.  I either didn't do that for a few, the sync didn't work right, or my teenagers sons have found one of the keys.  Anyhow, I'm going to see how this works for a while.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

DonM

You must have been bored!  I make it easy on myself, 1 500 ct humidor.  The yard gars go in the bottom drawer, the good stuff all the way to the bottom in the main part of the humi, and the two trays are fair game.  Takes about 5 minutes when I get more cigars   :biggrin:

I gave up on trying to keep track of my inventory, I buy em and I smoke em, but that is just me

"The Curmudgeon"

ThinBlueLine

I have two humidors a mini tower that hold just ISOM and a full tower that holds all the rest. I tend to think my virtual humidor is up to date but I haven't inventoried in quite some time. With over 1100 cigars I need a day when the wife and kids aren't home to try and do that which are few and far in between.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

bmac7754

It was a nice time to open each one, changed all the boveda packs, added juice to sticks and containers.  Plus gave me a reason to rotate the stock
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

StogieDad

Mine is up to date, but all in one humi.  I move stuff around when stuff comes in so often that it would be hard to separate,  which can get hard for passes and PIFs.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

I try to keep mine updated as best as I can between an aging table and a wineador, I don't have nearly the inventory some of you geeks have :-) but I plan on keeping it as close to actual inventory as possible
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ntanner

I think mine is a little off. I would really like to take the time to go through it and straiten it out but I dont think it will happen for a few month's anyway. I try and hit smoke one every time but I also fall behind on my additions. The important thing is I know exactly what I have of the really good stuff.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Mine is so out of date it is not funny. Also even thought I have four humidors I keep them all listed under one. That doesn't help me either
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

hebron

I'm totally OCD when it comes to my virtual humidor; everything is listed, in it's actual humidor. With correct purchase dates, and comments with origin. And I always subtract when smoking a stick. I think it's part of the fun  :crazy:

I also have a spreadsheet with offsets for my hygrometers, and historical humidity values for the humidors.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

vw77guy

I now have two humis and needed to inventory things.  I think I missed a few on the virtual so it doesn't match up.  I think I'll overhaul the same way when I can find the time.

nwb

I'm usually OCD about my virtual humidor, but I know it is off now.  Need a day to work on inventory and organizing - might have to tackle that tomorrow night.
Chief of Shaft

MT21

I'm so far out of sync with my VH. I need to just delet everything & start over.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Smurf

QuoteMT21 - 3/30/2014  7:11 PM

I'm so far out of sync with my VH. I need to just delet everything & start over.

x2
orbis non sufficit

Jackal

You spent 5 hours.  It took me a month to do the same.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.