The CG Facebook Page & Contest

Started by SenorPablo, 04/07/2014 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  I wanted to take a moment to introduce our new FB admin - Chuck (Cfickter.)  Chuck was nice enough to offer to help out with keeping the FB page a little more interesting.  Those of you who have followed it have noticed it stays pretty stagnant and Chuck is going to help out with that.  Thanks Chuck!

As part of his entry into the new role, he identified a need which he suggested might be good to put forth to the brotherhood in the form of a contest.  I think this is a great idea so here goes...

We need the creative graphics folks out there to help us with a new Cover Graphic.  We didn't have one previously and Chuck created a temporary one just so we have it.  I'd like to propose a contest where folks submit a cover graphic and we can put it to a vote to the rest of the brotherhood.

Some rules:
* Must include a CG logo (you can get them here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/images/source/logos/CigarGeeks_logo_large_raw.jpg or http://www.cigargeeks.com/images/source/logos/CigarGeek_logo_icon_square_180x180.jpg )
* Please incorporate the slogan "A Community of Cigar Fanatics".  
* The Admins have the right to make modifications to the winning entry to conform to the Geek desire for proper representation.

Some suggested image size guidance from FB: The dimensions of the image are 851 pixels wide and 315 high.  Minimum size is 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.  File formats should be JPG or PNG.  Suggested file size is 100kb.

Post your entries here.  The winner will receive a 5er of sticks from me.  I'll decide what they are but I dont think you'll be disappointed. :-)

So please help me in welcoming Chuck to his new role.  We appreciate his willingness to help out there.  He knows a heck of lot more about this FB thing than me so feel free to reach out to him with any questions or suggestions.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

nwb

Thanks for taking on the role, Chuck! :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

Rhall

sounds cool, didnt even know there was a FB page...and thanks Chuck for stepping up to help the community
Insert sarcastic quote here.

cavenbk

Congrats Chuck! Good luck to those with the skills to enter the contest.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Joelala

Sounds cool, I wish I was more creative
Joe

benchjockey

Thanks for stepping up, Chuck!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

DonM

Good news, the FB page was a little bland

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Congrats on the promotion, Chuck!  

I haven't been to our FB page in a loooong time . . . I didn't even know we had activity there anymore.  Maybe Chuck will bring some life to it.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

hebron

Way to go Chuck! The Facebook page could see a bit more action for sure :-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

aflicted

I was unaware that there was one.  I just found it though and a hilarious video of dads rapping.  Looking forward to see it grow!

05Venturer

Thanks Chuck
I was just thinking the other day that the FB page needed a little gas. If you ever need help with anything let me know I would be glad to help brother.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Thanks for all the support and for Paul letting me come on-board and helping our great community of fanatics.  I have done social media for my company along with a few other organizations I am involved with so I am excited about this opportunity.  But this is OUR Facebook page so any and all suggestions are welcome.  I see the FB page serving two major functions, first creating more awareness of the Cigar Geek website helping  driving new members and greater participation.  Second is to serve existing members by posting information on some of news about what is going on at cigargeeks.com and in the industry.  I hope to post about twice a week.  If you are on FB and haven’t “Liked” our page I encourage you to do so.  You can also help by getting others to our page by inviting your friends who are fellow cigar lovers to the page.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Camshaft83

Didn't know about the page. Going to have to check it out.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Longhorn

Thanks for helping out, Chuck!

Otter

It might be better to set up an invite only group instead of a public FB page so that we can limit access to members for the pics we share etc...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

gitfiddl

QuoteOtter - 4/7/2014  7:26 PM

It might be better to set up an invite only group instead of a public FB page so that we can limit access to members for the pics we share etc...

Are you afraid stuff like this might go viral and give us a bad name?  :shades:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

amigodecigars

If you take photos with your cell phone and post them on your Facebook  page or on some other social media site, you’ll want to watch this  video.  Even if you don’t post photos but know someone who does, you may  want to forward this link to that person.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Otter

Quotegitfiddl - 4/7/2014  8:04 PM

Exactly! ;-)
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

gitfiddl

QuoteOtter - 4/7/2014  8:35 PM

Exactly! ;-)

I should have dug the funk out of my navel, huh?
:confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

sjn1117

Very cool Chuck!  Thanks for taking it on.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bmac7754

Congrats Chuck and have fun with the FB.  And John, thanks for sharing that youtube video, that is interesting and something I never thought about.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Otter

Quotegitfiddl - 4/7/2014  8:45 PM

QuoteOtter - 4/7/2014  8:35 PM

Exactly! ;-)

I should have dug the funk out of my navel, huh?
:confused:

:lmao:
R, Otter
CRA Ambassador #0264

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.