Observations from 2 Cigar Events

Started by podman28, 06/21/2009 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

So last night we have an event with La Flor Dominicana. It was a great success despite the fact the the shop was jam packed and it was hot as balls and humid yesterday. I was looking back and comparing it with what transpired at the last event which was Acid which was also very successful.

Although there are many types of cigar smokers for some reason we get some very creepy guys out for Acid. The crowd was unlike any I have witnessed at an event. Old guys in bad tropical shirts hanging by our female bartenders and looking for any attention at all. The La Flor event brought out all of the regulars but strangely these old guys never appeared.

All events bring out some aggrivating mooches that eat as much as they can, drink all that they can, but only purchase the minimum if anything at all.

Most of the cigar reps are pretty cool guys to chat with and discuss cigars whether it is the one they represent or others.

Some guys just never will leave after an event until you kick them out. Amazingly subtle hints just don't work.

In general events are pretty cool and a lot of fun.

Just some quick notes that I have noticed.

qman22

So your saying that the ACID event was like a Jimmy Buffett concert?   :biggrin:
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

podman28

Quoteqman22 - 6/21/2009  7:11 PM

So your saying that the ACID event was like a Jimmy Buffett concert?   :biggrin:

Well maybe but much more strange than that. :shades:

gitfiddl

Quoteqman22 - 6/21/2009  8:11 PM

Watch it!  I happen to own about 30 of those shirts and dig Jimmy Biffett!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BlackIrish

Did the creepy ACID guys show up in a ride like this?

Free Candy Van
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.