June Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 04/17/2014 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has be generously sponsored by mpurtle01 (Matt)

The Cigar: Dunhill Aged Condado (6 x 48)

The Hype: The Dunhill Aged range has enjoyed a loyal following of discerning aficionados for more than a decade. Flawlessly handmade in the Dominican Republic, the blend consists of a special selection of Dominican Piloto Cubano and Olor tobaccos grown in the fertile Cibao Valley. The cigar is dressed in a Connecticut shade wrapper and receives extended aging in special cedar-lined rooms. The result is a creamy, refined smoke with an enduring, woody finish on the palate.

The Reviewers:

1. BewareDaPenguin (Adam)
2. nirab (Brian)
3. mojo66 (Sébastien)
4. Cfickter (Chuck)
5. bmac7754 (Brian)

If you plan on accepting this invitation please be sure to read the article posted with the following link:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

The Due Date: June 10, 2014.

A big thanks goes out to Matt for sponsoring this Geek Critique. Happy smokin' folks!  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

I have done a couple of reviews already, but, I offer to be a backup if you can't get enough geeks for it. I can't buy cigars right now, so anything free is appealing to me!! Thanks for stepping up and sponsoring this one Matt!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

junglepete

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 4/17/2014  3:06 PM

Ill do it if you need geeks :biggrin:

You're in, thanks.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Quotenirab - 4/17/2014  3:11 PM

I have done a couple of reviews already, but, I offer to be a backup if you can't get enough geeks for it. I can't buy cigars right now, so anything free is appealing to me!! Thanks for stepping up and sponsoring this one Matt!  :bigthumbs:

You're in, thanks.
Guru of Frugality

mpurtle01

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

I just signed up for one in May, but if it comes down needing some one let me know
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

Quotempurtle01 - 4/17/2014  2:24 PM

Thanks gents!

Thank you :bigthumbs:

junglepete

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2014  3:31 PM

I'd be more than happy to participate if you'll have me

You're in Sébastien
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

QuoteCfickter - 4/17/2014  3:44 PM

I just signed up for one in May, but if it comes down needing some one let me know

You're in Chuck
Guru of Frugality

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

Quotejunglepete - 4/17/2014  5:18 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2014  3:31 PM  I'd be more than happy to participate if you'll have me
You're in Sébastien

Thank you Matt and Pete, looking forward to reviewing this cigar.

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

junglepete

Quotebmac7754 - 4/17/2014  4:47 PM

I'd do it if you want

You're in Brian.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Quotesjn1117 - 4/17/2014  5:13 PM

I'll do it if you'll let me

Just missed it by one Stephen, sorry, close but no cigar  :biggrin: More are coming up and I am sure you will get in on another soon. Thanks for the offer.
Guru of Frugality

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bmac7754

Quotejunglepete - 4/18/2014  5:37 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 4/17/2014  4:47 PM  I'd do it if you want
You're in Brian.

Thank you, looking forward to it

mpurtle01

Gents, thanks for volunteering!   Looking forward to your reviews.  Will be getting them out in the mail soon.

Mojo66

Quotempurtle01 - 4/23/2014  11:57 AM  Gents, thanks for volunteering!   Looking forward to your reviews.  Will be getting them out in the mail soon.

Volunteering is easy, it's you who should get the thanks Matt. Looking forward to reviewing this cigar.

Cfickter

Sweet. Looking forward to getting this done
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

Quotempurtle01 - 4/23/2014  9:57 AM

Gents, thanks for volunteering!   Looking forward to your reviews.  Will be getting them out in the mail soon.

Thank you for sponsoring! I'm also looking forward to this review :thumbsup:

Mojo66

Haven't heard anything for a while, is everything all right?

Since delivery times are greater when shipping to Canada, I'm slowly starting to be worried about meeting the June 10th deadline.

I do not mean to be pushy, sorry if that is how this comes across, I guess I just wanted to make sure this was still on.

mpurtle01

Gents, boxes finally went out today.  Sorry it's a little behind, but it's been a little crazy over here.  We have been prepping to move the last couple of weeks and we have our household goods all packed up and gone as of yesterday.  The cigars are all nicely packaged and should be in fairly good condition on arrival as I have placed a 69% boveda in each of the bags.  That is what I keep my humis maintained with.  I will post tracking later.  2-3 weeks I would say.  Not sure about the trip to Canada though.  I am changing my address on my profile now.  That will be my new address from now on.  Thanks again!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.