Cornelius & Anthony - Cigar Review Panel

Started by Anthony70, 04/18/2014 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony70

I have had the privilege of getting to know some of you on this forum over the last several months.  I want to thank each of you for participating in the cigar review panel.  Your feedback and honesty has been invaluable information and has assisted me in making decisions on one of the brands we plan to introduce at the IPCPR show in Las Vegas in July.  Some of you wanted to know which blend I decided upon.  Drum roll please...We decided to go with the A1A blend.  The blend reviewed exceptionally well as a whole.  We made some slight modifications based on your feedback.

We will be introducing this blend in three sizes under the Avant-Garde brand.  The sizes are 54X6 (Legrand), 50X5 (Melange), and 42X5.5 (Aerial).  The cigars have been made and are ageing in the Dominican Republic.  We are very excited about the introduction in July.  I will be sending each of you a box of 20 cigars and hope they maintain a place in your humidors for years to come.

We will also be introducing two additional brands at the IPCPR.  Meridian and Catawba are unique and innovative brands that are mild bodied made from very select tobacco grown in the US.

If any of you are on Twitter, please follow me @CandAFounder.  I post regularly and I will follow you back.

Thanks again and let's stay in touch.

Steven

The Burn Ward

Glad to hear us geeks could help you out. I can't wait to try the final product and hopefully see it on the shelves of my local B&M. A1A was an exceptional blend and I'm sure it will be well received at the show. Thanks again for the opportunity to smoke and critique your fine cigars.

cavenbk

Congrats. Now I am wishing I had volunteered to be a reviewer. That is very cool of y'all to do that for those that helped out!! I hope to be able to get my hands on a couple of stick to try sometime.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

lubrix

That is great news,wish you the best!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

johncw

Thank you for letting us participate!!!

StogieDad

Thanks for having us!  I enjoyed the smokes myself, and was very impressed by a company willing to put up all this just to make sure they put out a good product.  Kudos to you!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

The opportunity to review these cigars was great, I really appreciate being included. I enjoyed them all, but I did not keep notes for myself, so I am not sure which one the A1A was...doh!! The thank you gift y'all sent out was nice in of itself, so getting a box of great cigars to age, well, that is just some sweet icing on the cake!! Thank you very much, and I hope you knock this out of the park!!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

I also want to echo Nirab's comments. The opportunity was great. Very much appreciate the opportunity.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bmac7754

Thank you again for letting us do this. I myself don't remember which one that was, but hopefully it was the one I asked you about because it was a great cigar. Submit the cigars to the database when you have a chance.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Otter

I added you on Twitter. I'll also be at the IPCPR with Fratello so hopefully I can meet you there. It'll be a busy and hectic time but I am sure it will successful for you. I wasn't in on the testing for your blends but you have some awesome geeks here who I trust helped make the right choice :-)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

junglepete

Wow, that is great news. Congratulations on getting it all together and wishing you the best with your launch in July. Good Luck! Thanks for the opportunity to taste the different blends.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nwb

Thank you for having us review the smokes!  You made it a very easy process, and I hope you have great success with the launch.  And thank you for the gift and the box of smokes! :bigthumbs:
Chief of Shaft

bstessl

This is just awesome!  If I had more knowledge at the time I would have joined in, but I didn't think I would be that much of a help when it came to reviewing them.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

StogieDad

Soooooooo.....not to dig up a dead thread, but I noticed a photo on Twitter today and messaged Steven when I saw it.  I asked if he would let me post this and he was thrilled.  This is a finished box of the Avant-Garde cigars that we participated in the panel for.  Quite striking actually.  He also reminded me he very soon was sending each participant our very own box.  Very exciting for him!

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 7/3/2014  3:02 PM

Soooooooo.....not to dig up a dead thread, but I noticed a photo on Twitter today and messaged Steven when I saw it.  I asked if he would let me post this and he was thrilled.  This is a finished box of the Avant-Garde cigars that we participated in the panel for.  Quite striking actually.  He also reminded me he very soon was sending each participant our very own box.  Very exciting for him!

All reviewers are getting a box?  :confused:  :-0  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Thats the way I understand it brother.  He posted it at the top of this thread, and mentioned it to me today as well.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Anthony70

Thanks to StogieDad for posting this picture for me.  I look forward to having my finished product in the next couple of weeks.  Each of you that participated and helped me produce this product, I will be sending you a box.  You have been of great service to me and my company and it's the least I can do.

Also, I have another premium hand rolled creation in the works.  It's quite interesting and as the tobacco ages, I will be contacting each of you again to see if you wish to participate in another smoking panel.

Thanks to all of you and happy Independence Day!

Smoke on!

Steven
Founder,
Cornelius & Anthony

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

DonM

I want to thank you for allowing us to participate in the review process!  I enjoyed smoking them and doing the reviews and am looking forward to smoking one of the new release!  I am thinking you will do well at ICPCR in the launch of your new cigars. Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of it

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Congratulations on some fine looking cigars!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

cavenbk

Very nice looking cigars. Absolutely awesome gesture Steven
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

bmac7754

The final product looks great.  Was fun doing the reviews, and looking forward to trying out the final cigar.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

It has been fun being part of the reviews. Thanks for letting us Geeks participate
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.