Tatuaje Travel Humidor Question

Started by ThinBlueLine, 04/18/2014 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinBlueLine

Can I store that neoprene travel humidor that holds 22 cigars in my tower humidor?
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Brlesq

I don't see why not.  It is an item that was sold by B&Ms and kept in their humidors.  At least I am going to keep mine in the tower.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ThinBlueLine

If you are Bruce that works for me thanks buddy!

Vroomp

As long as it has no scent to it....... :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ThinBlueLine

wlfwalleye

I keep a couple 5 counts, a 15 count, and a 32 count in the bottom of the tower. I put them in a large zip top bag "closed up of course" for a couple of days and then took a whiff inside the bag to see if there was any odor. Those 4 were fine, but I have one more 15 count that had a funky smell so it doesn't get stored in the tower.

ThinBlueLine

That's a good idea Kyle I am going to do the same thanks bud

Brlesq

Quotewlfwalleye - 4/18/2014  4:47 PM

I keep a couple 5 counts, a 15 count, and a 32 count in the bottom of the tower. I put them in a large zip top bag "closed up of course" for a couple of days and then took a whiff inside the bag to see if there was any odor. Those 4 were fine, but I have one more 15 count that had a funky smell so it doesn't get stored in the tower.

Brilliant idea!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

ThinBlueLine

So I put it in a ziploc bag in the tower and it does have a slight smell to it. Can I just keep it that way in my tower sealed in the ziploc?

ntanner

I always keep my 20 count travel in my main humi when it's not in use. I figured it would make the transition for what ever I was taking on the road better since theoretically my travel humi would initially have the same environment as the smokes had been stored in. It also makes it easy to keep it seasoned when not in use.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Joelala

QuoteBrlesq - 4/18/2014  3:34 PM

Brilliant idea!

X2
Joe

Brlesq

QuoteJoelala - 4/19/2014  6:19 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 4/18/2014  3:34 PM

Brilliant idea!

X2

So I gave Kyle's idea a try, and there was a very slight scent of the neoprene cover in the bag, but not enough to warrant any special handling, at least not for my purposes.  So I slipped it back into the plastic bag that it came in, and then into the outer cardboard box, and that is how I will be storing mine until its time to smoke them.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.