No more Elf on a Shelf

Started by 05Venturer, 05/02/2014 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Newbhunter

Huh? I think probably missed something(?)

conditionZero

QuoteNewbhunter - 5/2/2014  7:54 PM  Huh? I think probably missed something(?)

Yeah, I don't know what "Elf on a Shelf" is either. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Newbhunter

QuoteconditionZero - 5/2/2014  8:00 PM

Now that the pictures there I get the joke... But I still have no clue wtf elf on a shelf is!

Cfickter

Elf on the shelf is a hide and seek game parent play with kids around Christmas. The parent each day hide an elf for kids to find
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

conditionZero

QuoteCfickter - 5/2/2014  8:10 PM  Elf on the shelf is a hide and seek game parent play with kids around Christmas. The parent each day hide an elf for kids to find

Well, then a whore with a bottle of second rate rum probably isn't a good alternative. 

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

Newbhunter

QuoteconditionZero - 5/2/2014  8:14 PM

QuoteCfickter - 5/2/2014  8:10 PM  Elf on the shelf is a hide and seek game parent play with kids around Christmas. The parent each day hide an elf for kids to find

Well, then a whore with a bottle of second rate rum probably isn't a good alternative. 

Lmao

bmac7754

QuoteNewbhunter - 5/2/2014  9:04 PM  
QuoteconditionZero - 5/2/2014  8:00 PM  

Now that the pictures there I get the joke... But I still have no clue wtf elf on a shelf is!

Elf on a shelf comes with this elf and a book to read to your kids around Christmas time.  The idea is he does funny things at night when you go to bed and the kids have to get up in the morning and find him and see what he did.  Parents put him in funny places and make a mess, like undo all the toilet paper in the bathroom, tip the trash over. 

The kiddos love it.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

conditionZero

Interesting. Never heard of it. I might do that with my little grandson this year, he would love it.
--JOE--

lubrix

I never heard of this "Elf" thing either.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

conditionZero

Okay, apparently my wife HAS heard of this, and informed me that it's not gonna happen.
--JOE--

conditionZero

She did see the humor in the original post though. Oh well.
--JOE--

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteconditionZero - 5/2/2014  8:29 PM

Okay, apparently my wife HAS heard of this, and informed me that it's not gonna happen.

:lmao:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nwb

:lmao:

My daughter has an elf on the shelf (aka Baxter).  Somehow, I don't think she'd get as much enjoyment out of this. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

We now return you to regular programming...

1029henry

"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

jdwaynes1980

I bought my wife an elf on a shelf a couple years ago. We always take funny pictures of it. I don't know how people haven't heard of it, it's been the biggest selling Christmas thing for the past several years, and was the #1 best seller last year. These things are every-freakin-where!
Roll Tide!

tvolball

I have never heard of this tradition either.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

gitfiddl

It's a new one on me, too.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Vroomp

If you have been on Facebook for a while, folks have been posting funny Elf-On-Shelf pics for years! Glad it came out after my kids were grown. Maybe they would enjoy the Whore-in-a-Drawer now! :lmao:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ntanner

Never heard of it till just now.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

johncw

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I can't play that with the kids.

Mojo66

QuoteVroomp - 5/3/2014  9:41 AM  

If you have been on Facebook for a while, folks have been posting funny Elf-On-Shelf pics for years! Glad it came out after my kids were grown. Maybe they would enjoy the Whore-in-a-Drawer now! :lmao:

This is wrong in so many ways, can't stop laughing now.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Newbhunter

QuoteMojo66 - 5/3/2014  10:26 AM

QuoteVroomp - 5/3/2014  9:41 AM  

This is wrong in so many ways, can't stop laughing now.

X2

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.