Toolking order? Humidor related, not spam

Started by kxthor911, 05/05/2014 02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kxthor911

Found a site through wal-mart called toolking. They carry some humidors and ship free. I was curious if any of you have ordered from them before. Thanks guys. 
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

ThinBlueLine

I am pretty sure a while back a pricing error occurred between Walmart and Tool King causing some ridiculously cheap humidors that were never fulfilled due to an obvious site glitch.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

kxthor911

It is a legit site though. The prices are not stupid cheap but the free shipping on some of the larger items makes up for the price difference.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Cfickter

That was in 2013.  They had a huge price error 1,500 count cabinets for under $200, 500 ct end table for under $10!
I don't think they ever send anything out but don't recall if if anything came of it.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

They are legit but they are a "pass-thru" site in the majority of instances, so when you order from them and they show it "in stock", they really don't have it and themselves are relying on the accuracy of the inventory count from wherever they source it from.  They started off as an fleaBay seller.  

If you sign up on their site, they send a 10% off discount on your first order (or at least they did to me about a year ago).  I ordered a part for a snow shovel that was "in stock" but it took 5 or 6 weeks to get here. You would think that "Tool King" actually carried tools, wouldn't you? :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kxthor911

Ok, gotcha Bruce. Thanks, so what I getting is if you order something just be prepared for it to not actually be there, or possibly take awhile to get to you. Thanks bud :).

aflicted

If it is anything like HobbyKing, then the warehouses are likely overseas.  If any of you are into the radio controlled stuff, then you probably have seen HobbyKing.  You have to basically choose to only shop items that are carried in their US warehouse (which is new), or you will be waiting weeks for something to make the slow journey over from China.

nirab

Just from what I have read on this thread alone, I would not order anything from Toolking or Hobbyking.  :crazy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

McBryde

QuoteCfickter - 5/5/2014  5:37 AM

That was in 2013.  They had a huge price error 1,500 count cabinets for under $200, 500 ct end table for under $10!
I don't think they ever send anything out but don't recall if if anything came of it.

From what I remember, the people that ordered them got a $10-$15 Wal-Mart gift cards in the mail as a "I'm Sorry" gift plus their refund.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Cigary

Drop shipping is their deal and while I have "casually perused" their inventory some of the items are pretty high...like the aluminum travel humidor which I have and only cost $20 they have it for $55.79....there are others that tend to stretch the imagination of how well they are built as a lot of junk gets tossed around from China with pressed board humis.  I know when you look at them you're thinking BARGAIN BARGAIN but the problem is you won't know how well it's made until you get it some 3-6 weeks later.

toby2

QuoteCigary - 6/23/2014  12:20 PM  Drop shipping is their deal and while I have "casually perused" their inventory some of the items are pretty high...like the aluminum travel humidor which I have and only cost $20 they have it for $55.79....there are others that tend to stretch the imagination of how well they are built as a lot of junk gets tossed around from China with pressed board humis.  I know when you look at them you're thinking BARGAIN BARGAIN but the problem is you won't know how well it's made until you get it some 3-6 weeks later.

the made in china one I got from Cheaphumidors.com is nice until you get to the back. the back is thin Lauan plywood. it sucks... 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.