Fe.Ro pipes?

Started by gitfiddl, 05/07/2014 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Do any of the Pipe Geeks have any experience with Fe.Ro pipes?  Italian briar and whatnot.  Relatively inexpensive at $50 or so, un-filtered.  Feedback?

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

05Venturer

From what I have heard they are hit and miss.
If you want a good inexpensive pipe other than a MM Cob I would suggest a Mr Brog in either Pearwood or Briar. I have a couple and really like them. But truthfully I have never had a better smoke than my MM Cobs  YMMV
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

I think Peterson makes very good production priced pipes. haven't tried the other.

ROTHNH

It's been mentioned before, but worth repeating -- an estate (used and refurbished and sanitized) briar pipe from a reputable vendor is the way to go.  There are several online folks that I've listed elsewhere here -- here's a few -- SmokingPipes.com, BriarBlues.com, PulversBriar.com, mkelaw-pipes.com, jamesislandpiper.com... among many.

Estate pipes get you twice the pipe for the money.  Estate prices, for a quality briar in great condition, begin at around $35 to $50, but figure on spending $50-$100 for something really nice.

Smokers' Haven in Ohio (smokershaven.com) sells a proprietary pipe brand of new, unsmoked pipes made by R.C. Sands that are superb values, $50-$125.  I own a couple of these and am very pleased ... here's a couple:

http://www.smokershaven.com/r-c-sands.aspx

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.