Cabinet Humidor Humidification Help

Started by Kman, 05/20/2014 05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kman

I recently got a tower humidor with outside dimensions of 22 1/2"W x 16 1/2"D x 72"H. I have the new Cigar Oasis Magna for humidification. It sits on the bottom shelf and I have the monitor roughly two-thirds of the way up the cabinet. The result is that the top two-thirds of the humidor is around the RH I want, 65%. However, the bottom shelf, which sits just above the Magna, is regularly 70's and even low 80's. 

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get the humidity to be a bit more even? If you think pictures of the current setup would help, I can provide some.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

tvolball

I would think a few fans down low to circulate more air and move the humidity around better. Don't know for sure but that sounds like a good start.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Kman

Quotetvolball - 5/20/2014  8:25 PM  I would think a few fans down low to circulate more air and move the humidity around better. Don't know for sure but that sounds like a good start.

The Magna comes with fans, and I have them positioned above blowing down because unlike previous models, these fans only turn on when the sensor reaches your desired humidity, but I will give that a try.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nwb

Try moving the humidity sensor to the bottom shelf with the unit.  Counter to popular thought, humid air rises in a humidor, so that coupled with the fans should level you out.

In my tower, I have the Oasis and sensor located on the bottom shelf with the sensor set at 65%.  My readings top to bottom are within 2%, and I have no fans.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.