Favorite Pipe Tobaccos...

Started by SmolderinMike, 05/28/2014 09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmolderinMike

So, what are you guys into?  Aromatics?  English?  Danish?  Straight Virginias?  Any particular brands or blends?

I smoke all over the place.  Running the store I kinda have to stay aware of what's available and what compares to what.

Given a personal preference, though, I lean to English mixtures, especially stuff that's well aged.  Just popped the lid on a tin of McConnell's Oriental last week. Dug deep into the stash for that one, twelve years old. :thumbsup:

toby2

English VaPer Va no heavy topping.

05Venturer

Truthfully my go to blends are Old Codger blends Carter Hall when I'm in a burley mood and Walnut for a light English
Other faves are Sutliff #5 and Coyote Classic by McClellands
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

gitfiddl

I like aromatics, like the Sutliff Great Outdoors and Molto Dolce.  I've just recently started smoking pipes again and am looking for suggestions, too.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Rammstein142

Cornell & Diehl Haunted bookshop has been my go to lately, specially with the weather cooling off. Its been excellent with the cool weather and a nice glass of whisky.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

sjn1117

I'm a big fan of full English blends but I love a good VaPer too. Right now my go too tobacco is McClelland old dog and Peterson's Irish Oak.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

metalhead y cigarguy

Some of my favorites are:

Balkan Sobranie
Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River
Seattle Pipe Club - Plum Pudding
McClelland - Frog Morton Cellar
McClelland - Blue Mountain (Balkan Blue)
Escudo - Navy DeLuxe
Davidoff - Flake Medallions
G.L. Pease - Gas Light
MacBaren - HH Latakia Flake
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.