How to properly post links

Started by dddddmorgan, 06/01/2014 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

Well here we go with another question from the newb...

How do I properly post a link, i.e. one that a reader can click on and it opens in a new tab or window?

O, and while I'm being annoying; how do I get emoticons to work? I can't seem to get them in the text.

P.S. I'm using a relatively new Imac, don't bother with the derision, I won't change.

Thanks 

Molon Labe!

Hot Stuff x

All you should have to do is paste the link in the thread.

If it's not showing up as a link, select the text (hold your left mouse button while dragging across the text you want to select), then click the icon in the toolbar that looks like a piece of chain.  it will open a dialog box where you can past the URL.  This will create a link.  the dialog box has a drop down menu that allows you to select "open in a new window', "open in this window", etc.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

hebron

If you are not using what-you-see-is-what-you-get you need to use the URL tag. More here: http://cigargeeks.com/community/help-mbbscode.asp

I just click the emotion and the tag gets inserted at the end of my text...
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

benchjockey

Click on the emoticon, drag it to where you want it placed, and release.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

dddddmorgan

Thanks for the help folks. Will try.
Molon Labe!

gpd4

You may need to hit the 'main' reply button at the top of the thread for the emoticons.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.