cabinet recommendations

Started by scottvodka, 06/02/2014 06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottvodka

Hey all
My wife and I are expecting our second baby, which means we get to buy a bigger house, and I get a smoking room. I'm looking to consolidate my seven humidor into a cabinet. My budget is flexible, but I'd like to stay under 2500 if possible. I've been looking around and have pretty much decided on the older English from co or a custom from aristocrat. Does anybody have experience with either or know of something that I may be missing? Thanks!

scottvodka

I should add that I like to compartmentalize, so the more drawers etc the better :-)

scottvodka

:bump:  :smoker2:  :smoker2:  :bump:  :smoker:  :smoker:  :bump:  :violin:  :cigarguy:  :beatup:  :fencing: +
Nobody?

McBryde

Make sure to look on craigslist, there are usually some really good buys on there for some.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

scottvodka

QuoteMcBryde - 6/3/2014  3:47 PM

Make sure to look on craigslist, there are usually some really good buys on there for some.

E

Been keeping my eye out on there, but so far everything has been too small.

Mojo66

You problem is a nice one to have. I too would love to consolidate but in my case, it's the money to buy the cabinet that's missing.

Wish I could help out more, good luck and post picks once you get it.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

scottvodka

QuoteMojo66 - 6/3/2014  3:53 PM

You problem is a nice one to have. I too would love to consolidate but in my case, it's the money to buy the cabinet that's missing.

Wish I could help out more, good luck and post picks once you get it.

I typically wouldn't have the money, but moving from the city to the suburbs has its perks :)

Longhorn

Nice opportunity to get an heirloom!  I'd recommend giving Fry Heritage Humidors a call. Bob Fry is a 4th generation craftsman in Johnstown, Ohio.  

These pictures are of mine - he made it for me a year ago.  This one is called the "Providence" and is constructed of solid spanish cedar and black walnut - the custom trays are also solid cedar. I had him deepen the cabinet and make it a bit wider.  The lower cabinet holds the Moist-n-Air and a few extra boxes.  You can easily get 1100 sticks in it (with the trays) and it holds humidity at 68% year round.

You can find them with a quick search on the internet.

EDIT:  Congratulations on your new family member!  

dddddmorgan

I've seen a couple of articles online where folks have converted hutches into humidors. Might be a fun project.
Molon Labe!

scottvodka

Quotedddddmorgan - 6/3/2014  10:12 PM

I've seen a couple of articles online where folks have converted hutches into humidors. Might be a fun project.

Unfortunately I'm not near as handy as I would like to be.
I'd much rather pay a guy like Bob fry who knows what he's doing.
I just got a contest idea. Well my son, now 18 months be into cigars enough to justify a major purchase of a humidor? Whoever guesses the day he gets into cigars wins a cabinet.

cavenbk

Brad, that thing is beautiful. I don't remember seeing pictures of it last year. I am jealous!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

BigTA

Congrats on the new arrival, New house and the soon to be man cave / smoking room, I am still saving for a full cabinet but this retro Ice Bx conversion is doing very nicely for me...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

scottvodka

QuoteBigTA - 6/3/2014  11:37 PM

Congrats on the new arrival, New house and the soon to be man cave / smoking room, I am still saving for a full cabinet but this retro Ice Bx conversion is doing very nicely for me...

Did you do that yourself?

Cfickter

Quotecavenbk - 6/4/2014  12:04 AM  Brad, that thing is beautiful. I don't remember seeing pictures of it last year. I am jealous!

X2, very sweet

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

c.petree.1

Quotescottvodka - 6/2/2014  9:28 PM

Hey all
My wife and I are expecting our second baby, which means we get to buy a bigger house, and I get a smoking room. I'm looking to consolidate my seven humidor into a cabinet. My budget is flexible, but I'd like to stay under 2500 if possible. I've been looking around and have pretty much decided on the older English from co or a custom from aristocrat. Does anybody have experience with either or know of something that I may be missing? Thanks!

What are you going to do with the old humidors once you get a cabinet?

tvolball

Congrats on your news and good luck on your hunt.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

scottvodka

Quotec.petree.1 - 6/4/2014  9:27 AM

Quotescottvodka - 6/2/2014  9:28 PM

Hey all

What are you going to do with the old humidors once you get a cabinet?

Gonna keep one of them and gift/sell the rest.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.