Happiness

Started by dddddmorgan, 06/08/2014 04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

We'll my Fathers Day present was given early and I'm more than happy! 

I received a (new to me) iPad! Having been a sworn member of the cult since 1996 I'm ecstatic!

I got the app installed and it's fantastic so I can walk to my little humidor and make sure everything is accurate.

Cheers to Sr. Pablo

Now if I can just figure out how to drag emoticons I won't have to use so many damn ! to convey my joy.

Molon Labe!

benchjockey

I love my iPad. I read a lot and have collected many free books.
Enjoy it!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

toby2

I have to type them out.
 Rheem gave me an iPad when they first came out and its a fun toy. it can get frustrating.

Vroomp

:bigthumbs:

This post makes the Father's Day post make more sense!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

dddddmorgan

Toby, where can I find a list of how to type out the emoticons? I did find out that the drag and drop is a Java thing in the website not a thing with iPad. One more thing to add to the long list of "to-do's" for Sr. Pablo
Molon Labe!

hebron

Quotedddddmorgan - 6/9/2014  1:53 AM

Toby, where can I find a list of how to type out the emoticons? I did find out that the drag and drop is a Java thing in the website not a thing with iPad. One more thing to add to the long list of "to-do's" for Sr. Pablo
I just click the emotion, and it get inserted into the text. No drag and dropping, but I am not using the what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor.

Anyway; list here: http://cigargeeks.com/community/help-emoticons.asp
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

DonM

Congrats!  They are very nice.

I loved my IPad until it died, one day it decided it would not take a charge. Per apple $100 to change the battery and no guarantee it would fix it or $250 to exchange for a new one. I haven't done it yet but think the exchange would be the way to go

"The Curmudgeon"

johncw

dddddmorgan

We'll I'm sitting outside enjoying the cool morning in the backyard with the iPad. This is exactly what I thought it would be great for. All the computer I need and I can carry it around with me. Loving it! Thanks for the list Hebron

:dancing:

Molon Labe!

Cfickter

Sweet, love my iPad also
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

hebron

I am getting myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab as soon as my economy allows it :-)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

tvolball

I guess my Fathers day/rest of the year present came early too. A new Dodge Ram!!! And yeah, It's got a Hemi
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nwb

Quotetvolball - 6/10/2014  10:10 AM

I guess my Fathers day/rest of the year present came early too. A new Dodge Ram!!! And yeah, It's got a Hemi

Nice!
Chief of Shaft

benchjockey

Quotetvolball - 6/10/2014  10:10 AM  I guess my Fathers day/rest of the year present came early too. A new Dodge Ram!!! And yeah, It's got a Hemi

Wow! 

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

dddddmorgan

While I would gladly trade my iPad for a new truck my old Ford is running fine and after a week I'm more in love with the iPad than the day I got it ;-)
Now if I could just do something about these clumsy fingers. Wifey laughed when I complained, she said "If you hadn't smashed, tried to cut off or burn them they would work better!"
Oh we'll, can't argue with the truth :crazy:
Molon Labe!

Smurf

Quotetvolball - 6/10/2014  10:10 AM

Awesome!
orbis non sufficit

jharrisx5

QuoteDonM - 6/9/2014  2:37 AM

Congrats!  They are very nice.

I loved my IPad until it died, one day it decided it would not take a charge. Per apple $100 to change the battery and no guarantee it would fix it or $250 to exchange for a new one. I haven't done it yet but think the exchange would be the way to go

YouTube is your friend in this...batteries can be found cheaply on amazon and with some patience and youtube you can swap it yourself!  I have repaired two iPhones with YouTube assistance and saved over $200 in labor vs dealing with Apple...
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.