Open how often?

Started by dddddmorgan, 06/19/2014 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

So if you have a long term humidor for storage and the humidity is doing fine how often do you open it to refresh the air?

I'm all excited about my coolidor and the Casa Magna sale.

Molon Labe!

Newbhunter

Once a month or so it's a good idea to let in some air and rotate the sticks... That's my rule anyways and we all have out little quirks when it comes to cigars. My best advice is if your not sure, take everyone's advice, divide it into a middle ground and go from there to find your own preference.

BewareDaPenguin

I'm in my humidors everyday LOL...I just like to check on them and make sure all is good even if I'm not planning on smoking :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

dddddmorgan

We'll I'm in my desktop every time I smoke. I'm thinking the coolidor would be good for aging and storage of boxes so I definitely won't be into it once I'm confident the humidity is stable.
Molon Labe!

Longhorn

I try to open my humidors about once a week...

StogieDad

I don't have a schedule.   I am in and out of numerous storage usually at least weekly though.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Rebecca Silverwolf

I open my coolidor every day while the weather is warm, since I use blue ice to keep it cool inside. In cooler weather, at least once a week to check humidity and look at the sticks.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

toby2

once a week? the other day I pulled everything out and checked every box and tray for mold etc. I need to do that more often!! thankfully it was all good. in the summer which is one of our two seasons down here my basement keeps about a 62 rh so I really don't need any humidification I'm almost always good on that.

hebron

I open mine every two weeks or so, but I rarely pull everything out and rotate the cigars. I might have to start doing that more often... It only happens if I have to dig for a specific cigar.
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Mojo66

The humidors not as often as the Coolerdor. The coolers are so tight sealed they need fresh air input often. I open mine a few times a week to vent and to check on my cigars. The humidors I make sure to open every week but I end up opening each one almost daily as I am smoking more and more often.

Seems the more I smoke the more I want to smoke :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ntanner

At least once per week with the cooler.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

CigarJeeper

well since i dont have a large humidor for storing or aging ar any such thing yet i can really comment on that aspect. the two small humidors i do have i'm in at least every other day getting something out of it

nwb

When I used a cooler, at least once a week.
Chief of Shaft

freakydeakydutchman

I open mince at least once a month to rotate cigars and check them for mold and nasty critters..
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Ted

I do mine a minimum of monthly to rotate, charge beads, and charge batteries. Usually in them at least every other week load up the desktop I smoke out of though.

ROTHNH

Coolidors seal in the contents, so it's a good ideato open them up every few days -- a few seconds is long enough,just to allow fresh air in.  But this is not absolutely necessary ... humidified to optimum relative humidity (RH), the Coolidor's contents will be fine for a month or two at least.

Any wood/spanish cedar humidor lets are in -- they are designed that way ... so I'd open those at least once a week to check the RH.

Cigary

Tupperadors = once a week at least

Coolers =        once every 2-3 weeks

Humidors =     once a week

bmac7754

QuoteLonghorn - 6/19/2014  11:00 PM  I try to open my humidors about once a week...

x2.  Good to check bead levels and boveda packs at that time.  Plus its just fun looking at your stash.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.