Database Question

Started by dddddmorgan, 06/20/2014 08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

I was searching for a particular Pinar Del Rio cigar when I found the brand listed twice.

I would understand if one was listed with the Cuban moniker but it isn't.

I noticed that one listing has 'del' while the other is 'Del'.

So what gives?

Molon Labe!

metalhead y cigarguy

When someone was adding cigars to the database one person probably listed the cigars as 'del' and another person adding cigars to the database probably listed the cigars as 'Del'.  It's a pretty frequent thing as I've seen this kind of thing before under several different cigars.  Jackal was going through and cleaning up the database to fix issues like this and others, but as its so large it does take a while. Not sure if he's made it to the Ps yet.  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Longhorn

Dan, just be sure to add the one with the highest ratings to your humidor.  :biggrin:

nwb

As large as the database is, there are bound to be duplicates.  If anyone comes across these entries, please send Jackal a PM.  He has been working on reducing the duplicates, but going through the database is a monumental task.
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

Not seeing a double listing of PDR in the cigar search dialog box.  Are you using the App or are you seeing this with a computer?  Maybe the app gets confused by the capitalization.  I will fix the capitalization; let me know if this fixes your issue.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

On my laptop now.  I see three listings:

Pinar
Pinar de Oro
Pinar del Rio

I believe these are 3 distinctive brands. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.