Northwest Geeks Herf Contest

Started by Shukpaw, 06/25/2014 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukpaw

I will do what I have done the past couple of years with this contest.  Here is what you need to answer:

How many people will attend the herf?
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf?
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf?
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf?
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th?

That's it.  The last couple years I have sent the same gift pack I have given to the guys at the herf to the winner.  I might do that.  No guarantee.  Whatever the prize it will be worth taking the time to make a submission.

If you are attending the herf or are one of the past two year's winners, feel free to guess, but you are not eligible to win (you are already a winner).  Everyone else, you have one guess.  All guesses must be posted or modified no later than the end of the day July 9th.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

How many people will attend the herf? 4
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 28
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 65%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 120
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 7

Thanks for the contest!
Chief of Shaft

cavenbk

How many people will attend the herf?   6
 How many cigars will be smoked during the herf?     40
 What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf?     75%
 How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf?     100
 How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th?    9

Thanks for the contest!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

The Burn Ward

How many people will attend the herf? 5
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 37
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 90%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 77
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 9

nirab

How many people will attend the herf?        5
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf?      44
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf?      69%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf?          88
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th?     8
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

gpd4

How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 34
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 43%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 94
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 11
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

dddddmorgan

No guesses but my sincere hope is to be able to attend next year as things settle down in my life.
That is if you'll have this tater head ;-)
Molon Labe!

Remodelx15

How many people will attend the herf? 6
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 43
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 69%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 77
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 8

Sounds like a blast, wish I could be there!
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Shukpaw

:hypno:

Surely more than 6 people want to take a shot at this.

lubrix

I won last year and Neil hit me with an incredible generous prize package so everyone have at her!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Mojo66

Almost missed this one. Saw the result last year and yeah, it was awesome.

Here goes:

How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 30
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 57%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 66
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 10
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Shukpaw

Two more days to guess on this one.

Shukpaw

:bump:

When did it start to get hard to give away cigars on this site?

Only 5 numbers to have a shot to win some cigars.

This is the last day to take a shot at this one.

Vroomp

5 geeks

48 cigars

60% full ashtray

72 cigars will change hands

6 runs total

Thanks for the contest!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

Chief of Shaft

johncw

How many people will attend the herf?  6
How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 44
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 75%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 36
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 8

Thanks for the contest. Is this over a weekend? Or all in one day?

Caveman Steve

I'll take a stab at it.

How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 38
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 50%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 45
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game[/u] we go to on July 12th  11

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Beegerply

I'll play

How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 56
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 77%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 60
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 3
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

StogieDad

Forgot about this one.

How many cigars will be smoked during the herf? 48
What percentage of our main ashtray will be filled with ash by the end of the herf? 100%
How many cigars will be gifted between the attendees during the herf? 40
How many combined runs will be scored between the Tacoma Rainiers and the Fresno Grizzlies at the baseball game we go to on July 12th? 7
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Shukpaw

Alright this one is closed.  I'm glad we got a few more guesses in there.  I will post the results probably next Tuesday or Wednesday.

nwb

QuoteShukpaw - 7/10/2014  3:43 AM

Alright this one is closed.  I'm glad we got a few more guesses in there.  I will post the results probably next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks again for the contest Neil.  You guys have a great time at the herf!
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

Thanks to all of you who took a guess.

We ended up with three Geeks at the herf.  I was expecting 4 or 5.  
We smoked 24 cigars. It wasn't part of the contest, but I think we also had 7 uses of pipes over the three days (all federally legal substances).
I forgot to bring ashtrays, but Bryan hooked us up and brought his Stinky ashtrays with him.  The main one we put all the ash in for the weekend was 43% full.
50 cigars were gifted during the herf.  Thanks again Mark and Bryan for some nice cigars.
Tacoma won the baseball game 7 to 2, for a total of 9 runs scored during the game (I know you already did the math yourself).

It was a very close completion.  Second place had an average variance of about 42%.  The winner with an average variance of about 41% is Mojo 66.  Canada.  I actually have to go to the post office and fill out paperwork to send your winnings off.  I will try to get it out no later than early next week.

Hope to see you all at Cigar Geeks Northwest Herf V July 10-12, 2015.  Olympia, WA.

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Remodelx15

Well done, Sebastien!  Neil, glad you had a good time.
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.