Pipe Tobacco Pass... Any Interest???

Started by metalhead y cigarguy, 06/26/2014 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalhead y cigarguy

Many of you guys know this, but for those of you that aren't aware; I also post video's on YouTube in the Pipe/Cigar community.  I recently did a Pipe Tobacco Pass which I set up very similar to how a Cigar Pass would be run on here.  I know there are several of us on here that also enjoy pipes, so I thought I would see if anyone had any interest in doing a Pipe Tobacco Pass.  Let me know if you would be interested.

The requirements would be as follows:
- Sealed tins only, sealed pouches are acceptable as well
- Swap equal value tin for equal value tin
- Swap no more than 2 tins from the box.  
- Swap aromatic tobacco's for aromatic tobacco's
- Swap English tobacco's for English tobacco's
- Swap Virginia tobacco's for Virginia tobacc's
- Swap 50g tin for 50g tin
- If you take a 100g tin then swap it with a 100g tin or 2 50g tins (depending on the tin swapped)
- In the event that the pass becomes lop-sided with more English tobacco or more aromatic etc. then it will be okay to swap an English for aromatic etc. to help balance out the pass, but if same kind is being swapped for same kind then this shouldn't become an issue.  
- No Sutliff Private Stock tins please.  They are not the same value as most other tobacco and there tins are very large and take up a lot of space.

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

CigarPlace

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 6/26/2014  4:03 AM  Many of you guys know this, but for those of you that aren't aware; I also post video's on YouTube in the Pipe/Cigar community.  I recently did a Pipe Tobacco Pass which I set up very similar to how a Cigar Pass would be run on here.  I know there are several of us on here that also enjoy pipes, so I thought I would see if anyone had any interest in doing a Pipe Tobacco Pass.  Let me know if you would be interested.   The requirements would be as follows: - Sealed tins only, sealed pouches are acceptable as well - Swap equal value tin for equal value tin  - Swap no more than 2 tins from the box.   - Swap aromatic tobacco's for aromatic tobacco's - Swap English tobacco's for English tobacco's - Swap Virginia tobacco's for Virginia tobacc's  - Swap 50g tin for 50g tin - If you take a 100g tin then swap it with a 100g tin or 2 50g tins (depending on the tin swapped)  - In the event that the pass becomes lop-sided with more English tobacco or more aromatic etc. then it will be okay to swap an English for aromatic etc. to help balance out the pass, but if same kind is being swapped for same kind then this shouldn't become an issue.   - No Sutliff Private Stock tins please.  They are not the same value as most other tobacco and there tins are very large and take up a lot of space.  

I sadly don't have any tins to trade os pass but I definitely have some private house blends from a variety of shops around the country. I just never got into tinned tobacco for some reason. 

Also, I think more people would be interested in trading one type of tobacco for another. I know sometimes we get into a this rut or a that rut and that sometimes passes like this help us branch out into things we might not have tried on our own. I'm down in any case as I'm sure I can find some tinned tobacco around somewhere.

metalhead y cigarguy

Tins is the easiest way to do it.  If you start trading plastic bags of tobacco its very hard to get equal amounts of tobacco, and it makes it hard to insure that the pass is fair to everyone participating. Plus the tin tobacco is more likely to be fresh/moist and ready to smoke where as the tobacco in the plastic bags may be dried out or if an aromatic, lack its original flavor (depending on age and how its being stored).  

There will be a variety of English blends, Virginia's and/or Aromatics in the Pass, so each person should find something in the pass they'll want to have and/or try.  If the Pass was only English blends for example then it would exclude others that may want to participate that don't care for English blends etc.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

sam a

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Shukpaw

If I stick around for more than 5 days I'd be interested.  What do you think the weight would be on the package, shipping tins.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

gitfiddl

QuoteShukpaw - 6/26/2014  7:15 PM

If I stick around for more than 5 days I'd be interested.  What do you think the weight would be on the package, shipping tins.

Neil has a valid point on the weight.  I don't have enough to play, but I'd be interested in watching this idea progress.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

metalhead y cigarguy

Shipping would be done in a flat rate box so it wouldn't get to pricey. I think the pass I have going around in the YT community is at about $10-12.  Really no different then the shipping cost on a cigar pass.  Since you're only getting 2 tins out of the deal its important to swap equal value for equal value and put tobacco in the pass that makes it worth it. One way to think of it is if it was a premium cigar pass with hard to find tobacco's, rare tobacco's, sought after tobacco's etc.

s+j

I'm interested but am also just getting into pipe tobacco so would prefer swapping plastic baggies. Actually, how about having a pipe tobacco pass with open containers where the players can sample and then add more to the mix? Isn't the whole idea of pipe tobacco the fact that you don't have to commit to a lengthy (cigar-like) smoke?

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.