Just Ordered my new Travel Humidor

Started by 05Venturer, 06/28/2014 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

Working the night shift gives me plenty of time to surf the web. Got to thinking I am gonna need a travel humidor at some point so I am gonna give this a shot.
Pretty cheap alternative, saving money here means more money for cigars!
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Are you planning on going somewhere for a month?

05Venturer

Quotejohncw - 6/29/2014  1:49 AM

Are you planning on going somewhere for a month?
Just a week up in Northern MN in July , 4-5 cigars a day x 7 days need to hold at least 35 plus a few for the brother in law :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

Hey those are actually nice boxes, have a rubber seal.  I have 2 orange ones on my boat, one for tools and one for the fishing gear I don't catch shyt with.  I could use one or 2 for the boxes of ammo I have

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

tvolball

I saw some on here not long ago that we're lined with cedar
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

toby2

I'm cheap my travel humi is a gallon Ziploc bag in a cigar box. the Zino boxes are metal and smooth so they fit in luggage w/o snagging anything.  

05Venturer

Quotetoby2 - 6/29/2014  9:59 AM

I'm cheap my travel humi is a gallon Ziploc bag in a cigar box. the Zino boxes are metal and smooth so they fit in luggage w/o snagging anything.  
:bigthumbs:  Good Idea, Glad I'm not the only "thrifty" Geek. LOL
Kent

Cfickter

Cool idea, looks like it could hold you cigars, lighter, cutter, and perhaps a bottle of some sort, you know like sunscreen or bug spray or ????
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cigary

I have a couple of Herf A Dors that hold about 15 cigars but this one really interests me because when I travel it can be up to a month at a time and that looks like something that would hold a lot...for $6 how can you go wrong?

Shukpaw

I find the plastic ammo cans can lose their seal if they have something press against the side or of the side warps over time.  Let us know how you do keeping the humidity where you want it.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

hebron

I really like the ammo boxes, nice purchase Kent  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Mojo66

That's a real bargain. If it serves the purpose at that price, you can't go wrong.

If being thrifty means more $ to buy more cigars, I'm all for that.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

gpd4

I really like mine.  Some broken down cigarbox cedar scraps in the bottom and a single Boveda and it's rock solid at 69%rh.  Holds a pile of smokes, too!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.