Aging/Coolidor

Started by JamesTanner, 07/02/2014 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTanner

Under the right conditions do cigars age in coolidors?
James Tanner

kxthor911

As long as there is cedar involved. Cigar boxes or drawers.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

1029henry

Sure. I've been using Igloo coolers, Spanish Cedar trays and/or cigar boxes and KL for years. Just be sure to open the lid occasionally to exchange some air. I much prefer the Igloodor over a wood humidor. More bang for your buck. Spend the savings on some good cigars.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Rebecca Silverwolf

The cedar isn't even necessary for aging. As long as the cigars are stored at a good humidity and temperature, the tobacco will continue to ferment, and the cigars will age. Spanish cedar provides a good way to regulate humidity, as well as some natural pest control, and a pleasing aroma. So, yes, coolidors will age your cigars just fine.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Joelala

Quote1029henry - 7/3/2014  1:23 AM

Sure. I've been using Igloo coolers, Spanish Cedar trays and/or cigar boxes and KL for years. Just be sure to open the lid occasionally to exchange some air. I much prefer the Igloodor over a wood humidor. More bang for your buck. Spend the savings on some good cigars.

:word: Could not have said it better myself
Joe

ntanner

Rebecca said it, as long as humidity and temp are right they will age well.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Mojo66

What they said + in a coolerdor, the RH is much easier to keep stable. In wood humidors, RH tends to vary more in my experience.  But it is mandatory to change the air as coolers are much more hermetic than standard humidors.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.