August Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 07/04/2014 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by mojo66 (Sébastien). This one is an all Canadian production and will be the first to have a Cuban cigar reviewed in the Geek Critique format.

The Cigar: Vegas Robaina Famosos (5.0 x 49)

The Hype: This Robusto is typically a Vegas Robaina cigar: honeyed and spicy with a superb construction which can be compared to the Cohiba Robusto. The tempo is good, you will definitely appreciate the flavours and the virility of this cigar. Only experienced smokers need apply!

The Reviewers:

Karl (CrazyK)
qoheleth
Pat (Newbhunter)
Rich (Biggsy16)
Pete (junglepete)

Due Date: July 26, 2014

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule, and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks goes out to Sébastien for taking this one on. THANKS!! And happy smokin' eh?  :cigarguy:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Thanks for the invite Sébastien. I accept and look forward to trying this cigar.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

CrazyK

Count me in!! Thanks very much for the opportunity!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

Newbhunter

Thank you kindly for the invite Sébastien. I too accept. Can't wait to do my 1st GC!

Mojo66

Cigars will be mailed out to Ontario and Alberta tomorrow. Tracking info to come.

For MTL geeks and Pete, sticks will be hand delivered at a coming herf.

Thanks for accepting the invitation, can't wait to get your reviews of that cigar.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

Really looking forward to these!  I've heard that they are excellent cigars.... :shy:
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Mojo66

Cigars are in the mail for Karl and Rich. Left them at the PO this morning. According to Postes Canada, Karl should have it tomorrow and Rich the day after that. I'll believe it when I see it.  :biggrin:

Tracking info for Karl
Tracking Number: 0421618000612612
Canada Post Xpresspost
Expected Delivery: 2014/07/08

Tracking info for Rich
Tracking Number: 0421618000612629
Canada Post Xpresspost
Expected Delivery: 2014/07/09

Mojo66

Ok so everyone got their reviews stick, you guys need to post to make it official.

Review is due no later than July 26th.

Pete, I was wondering when the link would be available to up the reviews.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the reviews.

Smurf

Can't wait to smoke this one, looks awesome.....
orbis non sufficit

Cigary

This looks to be a really good critique....my eyes will be peeled.

biggsy16

Seb,
I received mine with a nice bonus package thanks brother
 Rich
Never done being a Dad

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

bmac7754

QuoteSmurf - 7/16/2014  7:08 PM  how do we get the link to the critique?

This probably won't be clickable, but this is the link

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Cfickter

Going to be a great review and epic moment in Geek history
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

QuoteSmurf - 7/17/2014  11:12 PM  Doesn't seem to work

Do you get an error message of some kind. Just tried and it does seem to work.

Using http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques" I get to the page named "The Geek Critique". Right under the name of the page you should see this:

Congratulations!  You are a Geek Critiquer this month.  Click here to Add A New Geek Critique."

Maybe try it again, if it doesn't work I'll PM an admin, sorry about that.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

biggsy16

Mojo,done and entered thanks again my French brother :dancing:
Never done being a Dad

Mojo66

Thanks Rich, hope it was a nice experience.

Friendly reminder brothers, only 5 days left to submit your reviews.

1 down, 4 to go

qoheleth

I just wanted to let my group know that I submitted my Geek Critique yesterday. Thanks to Smurf for having confidence in me to replace him for this critique! And thanks to the entire group for letting me be a part of this "historic" review of a cuban cigar!  
qoheleth(Paul)

nwb

Quoteqoheleth - 7/23/2014  6:17 PM

I just wanted to let my group know that I submitted my Geek Critique yesterday. Thanks to Smurf for having confidence in me to replace him for this critique! And thanks to the entire group for letting me be a part of this "historic" review of a cuban cigar!  
qoheleth(Paul)

When I first saw your review, I thought that it might have been a mistake.  Now I know - thanks for reviewing!
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

Quotenwb - 7/23/2014  7:12 PM  
Quoteqoheleth - 7/23/2014  6:17 PM  I just wanted to let my group know that I submitted my Geek Critique yesterday. Thanks to Smurf for having confidence in me to replace him for this critique! And thanks to the entire group for letting me be a part of this "historic" review of a cuban cigar!    qoheleth(Paul)
When I first saw your review, I thought that it might have been a mistake.  Now I know - thanks for reviewing!

Sorry Nathan, had gotten the OK from Junglepete for the reviewer switch as Eric just could not do it but I guess I should have made it clear and public by posting here.

Thanks for submitting the review Paul. If I'm not mistaken, we have 2 down, 3 to go.

Friendly reminder, only 3 days left to submit your review. 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.