Vendor Sponsored Geek Critiques

Started by gitfiddl, 07/05/2014 04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

How did they get out of whack? For the last several months, there have been four current reviews and one from the previous month on the home page.  Is that intentional?

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

bmac7754

There has been a string of only 4 reviewers, either because somebody didn't do one, or there was only 4 cigars to hand out.  This makes one of the previous reviews stay up there.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

I bet Paul could fix that, got to be a simple program or even have a blank template the admins could insert when one is missing.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nwb

Every once in a while, we have a situation where there are only 4 reviews.  For the current Torano review, one of the cigars went on a field trip to Florida and didn't get to the reviewer in time for the deadline. That was my fault for not confirming with the reviewer before it was shipped.

We've talked to Paul about having a blank form or having the 5th slot omitted, and he is looking into it.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Is it really a huge deal?  I mean especially for a vendor, the last one may just get another 2 weeks on the front page.  I know it doesn't look uniform, but personally it doesn't bother me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.