Cigars for Troops - 2014

Started by nwb, 07/15/2014 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

6th Annual Cigars for Troops Drive

It's that time of year again! Even though the holiday season is a few months away, starting early will give everyone who wants to participate time to send a care package. Here are the previous years' threads:

2010 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=5894.0
2011 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9907.0
2012 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=15038.0
2013 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=25603.0

Historic Donations
2010 - 525 Cigars
2011 - 587 Cigars
2012 - 676 Cigars
2013 - 1,343 Cigars

The basic rules:
*This is open to anyone, whether you are a vet or newbie.  The more the merrier! This is your chance to get that coveted "Troop Supporter" badge.

*Send as many cigars as you would like. Even a fiver will make a difference. Cutters and/or matches would also be appreciated. Please, no lighters – I'm trying to avoid any problems with USPS.

*Cigars with cellophane travel better.  However, if you have cigars without cellophane, feel free to send them.  Any donations of 5/6 finger bags is also appreciated.

*Packages can be drop shipped to me from vendors.  Members have done this in years past with success.

*Please PM me if you send a package. I'd like to avoid boxes sitting on my doorstep in case I'm traveling.

*I will keep a running list of those that have expressed interest along with if I received the package. If you commit to donating early on and decide it can't be done, no harm, no foul.

*No donations for shipping costs are needed: Paul (SenorPablo) has graciously offered to cover these expenses out of advertising revenue from the site.  Thanks Paul!

*The cutoff will be October 31st for getting packages/donations in the mail to me – my address is in my profile. This will allow me enough time to get them shipped and the soldiers receive them before the holidays.

Last year, I created a virtual humidor with all the cigars. Depending on the response, I might do that again this year.

As always, feel free to post any questions!
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Count me in again. Thanks Nathan!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

toby2

The Burn Ward

StogieDad

Of course I am in Nathan!  I did enjoy the Virtual Humi feature if you have time, it was neat to see that count climb and people sent some good sticks!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

I'm in and will send 5 finger bags as well... good on you for doing this again!  :thumbsup:

Remodelx15

I'm in!  Happy to be able to participate in this.  Great project!
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

BewareDaPenguin

I will be in as well, thanks for putting this together :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

Wouldn't miss it!  Thanks for running this again, Nate!  :bigthumbs:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Chip Lemaster

I too am in,  think I got the five finger concept understood,,, Five random cigars in a bag,,,,regardless, I will be sending some in for the troops before the deadline,,,thanks for supporting the troops

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

BlackIrish

Nathan, I'll contribute again this year.  

Thanks for organizing!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

mpurtle01

Cfickter

I am in.  I just had a bunch of cigars given to me by some guys in the reserves to send out, would be happy to contribute some of those and others!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

CrazyK

Perfect timing! I'll be consolidating a couple humidors next month and will definitely prepare a nice care package!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

05Venturer

Sounds Great  :dancing: I am in, thanks for coordinating this great gift :cool:  :usa:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

cigarzinn

Thanks Nathan for doing this again. Count me in!

Joelala

Joe

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

dddddmorgan

I'm in, I have a handful of bags to include as well.
Molon Labe!

akira

I'll be sending some as well.  Thanks for organizing.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

gitfiddl

I'm in!  I'm "minus one" in my CFT tally.  I failed to donate last year, but my nephew and his unit were among last year's recipients.

Silly question:  How would a handful of cobs and a few tins of tobacco fly in this effort?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.