September Member Sponsored Geeks Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 07/18/2014 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by smurf (Eric)

The Cigar: Los Hermano's Maduro Toro. (6.5 x 52)

The Hype: Los Hermanos, which translates to "The Brothers," is a limited quantity cigar produced by the people of Casa Fernandez & Tropical Tobacco, who are known for growing some of the best tobaccos in the world at their Aganorsa farms. The Los Hermanos Maduro is a line extension of the boutique Los Hermanos brand, which sees the addition of a dark and oily San Andrés Maduro wrapper. These cigars are blended using Aganorsa grown Nicaraguan tobacco from legendary Cuban master Arsenio Ramos. The Los Hermanos Maduro is as full-bodied as the original Los Hermanos, but with the addition of earthy richness from the San Andres Maduro wrapper. All Los Hermanos cigars are made in small batch quantities to ensure quality year to year, so supplies are limited.

Reviewers:

1. Krazyk (Karl)
2. Newbhunter (Pat)
3. Freakydeakydutchman,
4. Dddddmorgan (Dan)
5. Goathead

Due Date: September 10, 2014

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule, and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks goes out to Eric for taking this one on. THANKS!! And happy smokin'     :smoker2:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mojo66

This looks like a great cigar, I am a big fan of San Andres Maduro wrappers.

You guys have fun with this one, looking forward to your reviews.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Chip Lemaster

The looks of this and the write up is greatly looked forward too.  This looks to be in my wheelhouse of cigar profile...enjoy, waiting patiently,,,,

Smurf

Cigars have gone out the only one that is missing is Karl whom I will give to him in person next week.
orbis non sufficit

Newbhunter

I accept the invite, and I've already gotten the stick from Eric, so were in business!

dddddmorgan

Molon Labe!

nwb

Most of the Arsenio Ramos blends I've tried have been excellent - looking forward to the reviews!  And kudos to the 3 folks that haven't done a 2014 critique stepping up!
Chief of Shaft

ntanner

Man, that wrapper is almost dripping oil. :drool:  Looking forward to these review's.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Smurf

Can someone post a link for the review. There is already one review done!
orbis non sufficit

dddddmorgan

I smoked mine today and have my notes in hand. Since this is my first GC I have no idea what to do next.

Just point me in the right direction ;-)
Molon Labe!

nwb

Here is the link to the form:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform

If that doesn't work, go here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

At the top of the page, you should see something that says:

"Congratulations! You are a Geek Critiquer this month. Click here to Add A New Geek Critique.
Please be sure to review the guidelines for helping make this a success for all who are investing their time in it."

If you don't have that message, shoot a PM to junglepete.
Chief of Shaft

Smurf

Quotedddddmorgan - 7/27/2014  9:39 PM

I smoked mine today and have my notes in hand. Since this is my first GC I have no idea what to do next.

Just point me in the right direction ;-)

Just follow the link
orbis non sufficit

dddddmorgan

Molon Labe!

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

CrazyK

Got my cigar from Eric on the weekend, along with several bodyguards! Looking forward to this one!!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

freakydeakydutchman

my review is in. Thanks to Smurf for this chance to review this great cigar ..and also for the tag alongs that came with it. you sir are a classy act! From one Canadian to another... thanks eh!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Smurf

Quotefreakydeakydutchman - 8/7/2014  12:43 AM

my review is in. Thanks to Smurf for this chance to review this great cigar ..and also for the tag alongs that came with it. you sir are a classy act! From one Canadian to another... thanks eh!

glad you enjoyed them!
orbis non sufficit

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

goathead

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

goathead

I sent it in and thanks for having me.

Smurf

Awesome thanks again for doing this looking forward to seeing the results
orbis non sufficit

Smurf

common guys one more day to get your review in!...
orbis non sufficit

CrazyK

Smoked mine tonight and will be posting my review a little later
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.